Anybody have pics of the "Off Road Group"???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wondering if anyone has one yet, and can post pics?

LaserMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I picked mine up Saturday, don't really have any pics of it besides the one the salesman sent me when it showed up. What are you looking for on it?

OP
OP
L

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mostly wanted to see the stance from the side. Is the 1" lift noticeable?

LaserMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
To me its noticeable, even while driving the truck which I love. I would take some more pics for you but its too dark for them to be worth it.Ram.jpg

SlikNik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks nice but are those Limited Wheels?
Looks different, body color bumpers look nice IMO too.

LaserMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looks nice but are those Limited Wheels?
Looks different, body color bumpers look nice IMO too.
Yes those are the wheels that come on the Limited if you don’t choose the 22” ones. Yeah I didn’t want a whole lot of chrome so I opted for the body color bumpers, very happy I did.

PaulNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/e-torque
To me its noticeable, even while driving the truck which I love. I would take some more pics for you but its too dark for them to be worth it.View attachment 127641

Beautiful truck! Does yours have the air suspension? My limited goes up to off-road +2 which I assume means an instant 2" lift which is cool, but then it drops down to 1" after 25mph which I wish I could shut off (maybe I can, I just haven't researched). I agree that the color keyed bumpers look great on that color. I opted for chrome as I live in the salt belt and colored bumpers take a beating and chip like crazy. Congrats on your truck, it sure is a beauty!!

LaserMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Beautiful truck! Does yours have the air suspension? My limited goes up to off-road +2 which I assume means an instant 2" lift which is cool, but then it drops down to 1" after 25mph which I wish I could shut off (maybe I can, I just haven't researched). I agree that the color keyed bumpers look great on that color. I opted for chrome as I live in the salt belt and colored bumpers take a beating and chip like crazy. Congrats on your truck, it sure is a beauty!!
Thank you! Mine has the air suspension with the off-road group, which basically means the normal ride height is off-road 1 position which I love.
I’m going to try and get at least a clear bra on the bumper as I am worried about rock/sand chips and whatnot during the winter.

OP
OP
L

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The truck looks great. Those are 275/55R20 tires, right? It looks like there is plenty of room for a bigger tire.

LaserMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The truck looks great. Those are 275/55R20 tires, right? It looks like there is plenty of room for a bigger tire.
That is correct, 275/55R20. Once the tires wear out I’ll probably go up in size because there should be more than enough clearance.

PaulNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/e-torque
That is correct, 275/55R20. Once the tires wear out I’ll probably go up in size because there should be more than enough clearance.

I will be installing 285/50/22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers soon, which are 33.1" tall. I think they will fit and will keep you updated regarding how much clearance I have after so you can have a guide.

OP
OP
L

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will be installing 285/50/22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers soon, which are 33.1" tall. I think they will fit and will keep you updated regarding how much clearance I have after so you can have a guide.

Hey Paul, do you have the Off Road Group as well? Regardless, I would think a 33" tire should fit with no problems. I still can't figure out why Ram downsized to a 32".

PaulNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/e-torque
Hey Paul, do you have the Off Road Group as well? Regardless, I would think a 33" tire should fit with no problems. I still can't figure out why Ram downsized to a 32".

No, I do not have the off-road option. However, I do have air bags and agree the 33" tires SHOULD fit and hope they do. There seems to be a good amount of wheel well space to allow for at least 33" tires. I have the 22" wheels which I like because it helps keep the vehicle proportional, but the 32" tires look so tiny. A tire upgrade is a must for me for not only more sidewall and better performance due to the quality of the tire, but also to fill up the wheel well and give it a more aggressive look. I will post pics and results when installed.

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed 275/65/20 with no rubbing

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l

I would say there are multiple reasons. 1 being that ford gm and Toyota all use the 275 55r20 making it a more common tire translates to cheeper. Second reason I can think of is your getting a better mechanical advantage. There is a lot bigger selection of 275 55r20s than the 275 60s so better for the 5th gen owners for tire options. I think the 275 60 is better looking but I can see the advantage of the smaller tire.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Can't say I've had that problem regarding the color matched bumpers. Last 2 rams I've had were sports with the colormatched, and I also live in upstate ny in an area that salts so much, if we don't get enough snow our streets look more like salt flats and you easily spin tires without trying. But with all that I've never even had to touch up anything on the bumpers, only a couple spots on the lower part of the hood.

PaulNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/e-torque
Can't say I've had that problem regarding the color matched bumpers. Last 2 rams I've had were sports with the colormatched, and I also live in upstate ny in an area that salts so much, if we don't get enough snow our streets look more like salt flats and you easily spin tires without trying. But with all that I've never even had to touch up anything on the bumpers, only a couple spots on the lower part of the hood.

Sounds like you've been very lucky, and good for you. My last vehicle was color keyed and holy cow, the front bumper looked like someone shot it with double odd buck shot lol. I guess it's a crap shoot really, but I hope that with chrome bumpers I will no longer have to worry about chips. Fingers crossed. What part of upstate are you from?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you've been very lucky, and good for you. My last vehicle was color keyed and holy cow, the front bumper looked like someone shot it with double odd buck shot lol. I guess it's a crap shoot really, but I hope that with chrome bumpers I will no longer have to worry about chips. Fingers crossed. What part of upstate are you from?

Just out of curiosity what was the vehicle you had that was color matched? Honestly I was a little surprised to never see any damage on the bumpers considering I've commonly had to deal with rock chips on the hoods of many of my vehicles. Either way I hope the chrome works out better for you and holds up well. And I'm in Endicott NY, outside of Binghamton. And yourself?