Anyone done this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigKatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Greetings everyone, Im new to the forum and looking for advice. I am the proud owner of a 97 SS/T and Im looking to make some changes. Im going to have the truck c-notched and just to make a change, I want to change over to a 4 link rear end with coil overs. Has anyone on here attempted this and if so, how did it come out? Also, what and where did you get the gear to do this mod?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RF....bump for anybody that might know

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome. The only place I know of that specializes in 4 links etc is Nfamus Air Suspension.

[tapatalkin]

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
ballistic fabrication might be of some help. The normally do off road suspensions but they make a lot of pre cut brackets and stuff that you just need to weld and coat. Lots of four link stuff that you might be able to use for your project.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've done a couple of C notches, My '99 R/T and my '99 Ram.

I wasn't a HUGE fan of the notch offered for the Ram, it's a trapazoid as opposed to a round notch.
When installing, I used a 3/4" hole saw to make the 'corners' and connected them with a sawzall. Worked great, just don't leave a 'square' corner to avoid the stress point. I had to clean it up a bit with a grinder (I'm kind of OCD) but once it was installed, you'd be hard pressed to notice it wasn't stock.

In regards to the 4 link, there is a lot more than just welding on a universal kit. Parallel links are the 'simplest' but they don't give ya the greatest benefit. With coil-overs I'm guessing you're planning on just getting a set height and calling it good, so a panard bar will 'work' just fine for you.
You might look into a Watt's Link instead, it keeps the diff centered over the entire range of suspension travel (Gen II Durango's use one stock, it's not some strange voodoo).

Sport Truck magazine a long time ago had a really in depth article about non parallel links, bar lengths etc. It was a pretty neat article, might try googling it.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forums and congrats!

Any pictures? I remember those SS/T trucks when they were new...