Anyone ever use Icon suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i have heard good things about icon in general, know a guy who ran them on his silverado and say they were amazing. not sure if you noticed this, but if you go on the garage sale on their website you can get coilovers, rear piggybacks, and coils for like 1800

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really ?? Never heard of that garage sale thing I was considering gettin the icon stage 3 kit and the kore high angle Cvs, and the whole ram runner fenders Nd bumper I'll look into that "garage sale" you said

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
They built a bad ass power wagon for sema last year
I looked into their kits then and they seemed like a high quality product

I that's what your looking to do I would try to pick up the coil overs and rear coils for about $1200 from scratch and dent, get the rear piggy backs and get te kore high angle control arm and cv when they are available for '12s

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking about picking up the stage 3 kit, and thr kore cvs actually, if they had a scratch and dent that would be even better. I didn't know they had that haha. Im liking the icons because everything I've heard about them is extremely positive. But I've never seen anyone actually run them

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just spent a little bit looking at their kit and it looks pretty good. I mean, they give a complete shock and coil replacement, front and rear, and their reviews are pretty good.The only thing I'd suggest, at least being me, I'd probably look at adding the upper control arm kit into the project at some point just because, lol.

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree man, I'd like to make a bullet proof suspension, get the kore cvs and the uniball controll arm they off. I think they off that don't they??? That wOuld make for a pretty rockin suspension. If I could get it for any type of a deal, I totally would, but right now, I don't feel like spending 3200 on suspension and a cv lol! You guys think it would get some good articulation and all that though??? I plan on getting the fiberglass fenders from kore too

Last edited:

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They do and kore has a sell going on right now because they are overstocked. If I had the money to buy this stuff, I know I would because it's some damn good quality stuff, Unfortunately, of course..., the price for quality work is pretty high.

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ita great stuff, they do some great works but I'm In the same boat as you hahaha work slows down in the winter sadly, have to wait till summer to buy all this stuff. I wish I could afford all this good stuff but sadly it's a very expensive game to get into :(

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is so true, it really sucks. I wish I had the money to buy the complete Kore kit and a supercharger at the same time but unfortunately, it'll take me some time to build that cash box up.

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hahah I wish I had the 8 grand to blow on that full kit. But I'll just build my own. Im seriously thinking about purchasing the icon kit and the kore Cvs just cuz it's bad ass. It provides more performance the all the 6 inch kits and just as much clearance too

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
True that, I'm always looking at how much suspension travel a kit offers vs how much height it gives because when it comes to off roading, height doesn't mean jack...it's all about travel, at least imo. I mean, the kore kit or "Ram Runner" is only 3" to 4" of lift but it offers 14 inches of travel but comes at a price few people can offered so it's something to save for.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Yeah that's where the big money comes in lol
For you desert guys your right, height doesn't mean all the much

I was actually trying to find how much travel you would see from the icon shocks, it's not going to be nearly as much as the Kore tactical kit but on the other hand it does involve any cutting/welding modifications and it could be run with the stock fenders

WhiteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 CCLB
Engine
6.7 CTD
True that, I'm always looking at how much suspension travel a kit offers vs how much height it gives because when it comes to off roading, height doesn't mean jack...it's all about travel, at least imo. I mean, the kore kit or "Ram Runner" is only 3" to 4" of lift but it offers 14 inches of travel but comes at a price few people can offered so it's something to save for.

No kidding, but it would be something to save up for that would be worth it.

But you still got to get window tint don't you? haha

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is the route I would go :naughty:
Icon front coil overs-$998.13
Icon 1.5" rear lift springs- $160
Icon rear piggy back shocks- $439 (there's your stage 3 kit for $1600)
Kore high angle upper control arm-$650
Kore CV joint- $800 (when available for 12s of course)

That would outperform the Kore prerunner series kit by a long shot for nearly the same price!

I think you would require a few extra parts such as the kore lower control arms to match the uppers and a diff drop as those shocks will offer more travel but only with the correct control arm setup. Suspension upgrades require a fair amount of cash unfortunately, especially with IFS vs SFA from what I've seen. So in the end, you have to decide...do you want more travel or lift?

From what I've seen, travel costs more money than lift and I'm more about travel myself.

WhiteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 CCLB
Engine
6.7 CTD
OMG yea...I live in vegas and haven't gotten my windows tinted yet...wtf am I doing?

Hahaha! There's a red horse guy that does home window tint and has a partner that does badass automotive tint and give's $20 bucks off for active duty.

My buddy with his 4 door GMC sierra got all windows and the front strip for only $100 and it's all 5%.

The installer has been doing it for almost 30 years too.

I think he's right off craig outside the base. I'll get his business card on monday and I'll PM or text you the location.

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man that list you provided is solid. I'd be on that for sure. I'll check that out more tomorrow once I'm oh my laptop

Exactly like you said its Not about lift considering the 6 inch lift use a drip bracket so they get same clearance. I'd rather get better performance out of my kit than anything else. I couldn't care less about how mUch height I get. As long as I get the performance... I don't care if it "lOoks good" to most people