Anyone ever use Icon suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with you guys though you can't just upgrade one part of the suspension Lol i would have to do it all pretty much. The only thing that worries me is the icon kit doesn't say anything about travel. It just says its good for towing. Which I'm not in to. I don't even have a hitch receiver lol. I'm looking for offroad capabilities not towing

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hahaha! There's a red horse guy that does home window tint and has a partner that does badass automotive tint and give's $20 bucks off for active duty.

My buddy with his 4 door GMC sierra got all windows and the front strip for only $100 and it's all 5%.

The installer has been doing it for almost 30 years too.

I think he's right off craig outside the base. I'll get his business card on monday and I'll PM or text you the location.

Oh hell yea dude, I want to say you told me about him awhile ago on another thread but I haven't gotten around to tinting my windows yet because I had other hobbies and things to take care of first. But I've finally hit an easy part now so I'm definitely down to tint my windows right now. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I think you would require a few extra parts such as the kore lower control arms to match the uppers and a diff drop as those shocks will offer more travel but only with the correct control arm setup. Suspension upgrades require a fair amount of cash unfortunately, especially with IFS vs SFA from what I've seen. So in the end, you have to decide...do you want more travel or lift?

From what I've seen, travel costs more money than lift and I'm more about travel myself.

I was referring to the kore prerunnerkit which just includes the upper control arm, the cv joint and I believe bilstien 5100 for all four corners for $1995

Your talking about the tactical kit. I don't believe it uses a diff drop but cv shaft extensions instead along with their cv joint to help with the driveshaft angle.

Travel is limited by shock length and articulation but a high performance shock is also very important
Stock these trucks have about 6" of travel in a stock length shock so going with any adjustable height shock isn't going to add to your travel but something like the icon adjustable coilovers could handle what most weekend warriors could through at it

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was referring to the kore prerunnerkit which just includes the upper control arm, the cv joint and I believe bilstien 5100 for all four corners for $1995

Your talking about the tactical kit. I don't believe it uses a diff drop but cv shaft extensions instead along with their cv joint to help with the driveshaft angle.

Travel is limited by shock length and articulation but a high performance shock is also very important
Stock these trucks have about 6" of travel in a stock length shock so going with any adjustable height shock isn't going to add to your travel but something like the icon adjustable coilovers could handle what most weekend warriors could through at it

Oh my bad, I've had a few to drink and didn't notice you were a 3rd gen posting in a 4th gen thread about getting a kit for a 3rd gen. I went straight into thinking about the tactical kit because when it comes to 4th gens, that ram runner kit is bad ass and it runs laps around my head all day long when I think about lifting a truck.

But yes, that icon kit would be badass still. It's just money i wish i had to put towards.

....I just noticed the prerunner kit is also available for 4th gens identically to the 3rd gens kit....I think I'm going to stop now....i've had enough captain as it is.

Last edited:

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Lol no this is the kit I'm talking about 2009-2011 Kore Prerunner series

And the one your talking about 2009-2013 Kore tactical series

I blame the confusion on kore! Haha I'm not sure I would adervertise bilstiens with an upper control arm and cv joint as a Prerunner series but maybe I'm under estimating bilstien! Haha
The biggest limiting factor to travel on IFS is the control arms. The tactical kit upper and lower arms are like putting a long arm lift on a SFA truck

I think I'm talking myself in circles now haha

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hahaha y'all are confusing me, I'm on my 13th beer and she's starting to hurt my head. It's hard enough to under stand these while squinting with one eye hahaha all I know that y'all said is that these aren't "bilstein 5100" shocks. They are valves to kore specifics and are different then regular 5100s. They also offer an extra setting of 3.0 inches versus the regular 2.7. Because their boared differently. Sorry if I'm not making sense haha my main point is their different

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hahaha y'all are confusing me, I'm on my 13th beer and she's starting to hurt my head. It's hard enough to under stand these while squinting with one eye hahaha all I know that y'all said is that these aren't "bilstein 5100" shocks. They are valves to kore specifics and are different then regular 5100s. They also offer an extra setting of 3.0 inches versus the regular 2.7. Because their boared differently. Sorry if I'm not making sense haha my main point is their different

13th beer? I've had almost an entire bottle of Captain Morgan Black...I'm almost having a really hard time controlling myself right now, lol.

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hahahaha...yea...I beat myself last night apparently, I passed out on the couch which usually means I'd wake up feeling like crap and my back would normally be killing me. But for some reason, I woke up feeling great, slightly hungover but otherwise great.

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
haha thats funny man, im just reading all this stuff over and it makes waaaaaay more sense now then it did last night. I like the scratch and dent thing from icon, those are some really good deals actually, save $800 bucks doing it that way and i dont care if theres a couple scuffs on er when i get it haha

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
aww i just realized the rear shocks are sold individually, so i would only be saving $400 then lol

jonny09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
soo not going to lie, im on this forum quite a bit just reading things but never really joined because i didnt have much to say. until reading this thread. I have an 09 and put the icon coilovers in the front last summer. (btw im also in vegas, stationed up at creech for all you other vegas guys in this thread) I just wanted to say that while i originally liked the idea of having a pre runner style truck these coilovers are pretty stiff. so obviously if im out jumping my truck in the dunes or hitting bumps at speed these coilovers are awesome. the problem is most of the offroading that i do is just getting out to where im going to be shooting or riding dirtbikes and what not so its more along the lines of mild rock crawling so every little bump is pretty harsh. again im out in vegas so if any of you want to see how it feels or looks just hit me up. also when it says stock height up to 3" its kinda bs. when i put them on my front end sat 6" higher than stock, i lowered them all the way down and it still sits almost an inch higher than the stock rear.

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm thats really interesting to know! althought ive changed my mind on the whole icon dealio, i did purchase their rear reservoir shocks and coils (for sale if interested haha, but you dont seem to like it all that much) i love the rears because they are very soft.... absorb alot more then stock did and ride different.

interesting that it would raise it up that much... did you on bigger tires at the same time or something because thats weird?? id think it would put horrible angles on the cvs and upper control arms..

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
any pics btw??

i really dont see how thats possible though... theres no way youd fit a 6 inch longer shock in the stock mounting position? i had trouble fitting a 2.5 inch level in there!

jonny09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
let me see if I can figure out how to put pics up and ill see if i still have the pics with the stock wheels and tires. i know it sounded like i hate them, but i dont. i like them when im pretending to be in a baja race and get a chance to run all out, but the problem is i dont do that a whole lot. it was very difficult to get them in. i ended up calling icon and asking them if i was doing something wrong or if maybe i had the wrong part. they said no its right and yes its hard to get them on. i ended up having to file the bushing on the lower arm down just to fit the bracket over it. and bringing the spindle back to the upper arm took a pry bar and a large friend lol. needless to say i was a little concerned with the angles when all was said and done so i lowered it as low as it would go and the front still sits higher than the stock rear. again ill post pics up in a little bit