Anyone modded the business card holder to hold a cell phone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a '15 Laramie Crew cab with bucket seats that I purchased this weekend. As i'm getting used to the truck, i notice this "slot" which seems perfect for my cell phone. Looks like it's meant to hold business cards. I place it there. At the next light when i accelerate, it falls out. I do this a few more times and decide the iPhone cant go there. So, anyone done a simple mod to turn this into a cell phone rack?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
No he means in the full center console there is a little bump out for business cards that is just deep enough to fit a cell phone in.

I though about doing it on my last truck, but every time I would figure out how I wanted to mount my phone I'd end up getting a new phone and either the placement of the charging port was different or the style was different. I get board with phones pretty fast so I buy and sell them every couple of months.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Paradeedle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been planning to do this exact same thing. I think I am going to try cutting up a mouse arm rest or find some kind of foam to cut to fit. I may do that this week sometime. I will post results.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thought about it, but not for long. I ended up buying a Koomus K2 phone mount and placed it just to the left of the little cubby hole on top of the dash... on the silver flat surface. Works perfect.

Paradeedle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up cutting up an old foam sanding block I had around and just painted the pieces. This was a pretty rough draft, I initially had a back to it but the phone wasn't sitting well. I just cut 2 rectangles out and painted them. The phone doesn't move when it's in there so I will probably leave it for awhile or until someone comes up with something better.

IMG_0064_zpsqlnotlkc.jpg
IMG_0105_zpsy6o2fwqq.jpg

raff18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019c
Engine
hemi 5.7
that is where i have put my
horn button and a switch for my in head rest dvd players
I'm planing on going right across with more switches for more goodies

KB Sabre

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up cutting up an old foam sanding block I had around and just painted the pieces. This was a pretty rough draft, I initially had a back to it but the phone wasn't sitting well. I just cut 2 rectangles out and painted them. The phone doesn't move when it's in there so I will probably leave it for awhile or until someone comes up with something better.

Inspired by yours, I did something similar. Except I used some packaging foam and painted it.

I also used the same material to create a divider in the open compartment under the dash. My key fob kept sliding around in it and it was frustrating digging it out when it slid a couple inches under the dash. Now the foam occupies that space and is a divider.

Attachments

• 0407150451.jpg
    0407150451.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,788
  • 0407150451a.jpg
    0407150451a.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 3,491

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
From the first test drive of my truck, I thought for sure that slot was for a cell phone. I like the foam mod posted here. Very cool! I am, however, going to try and print a 3D prototype of cell phone holder to go in this slot. Because in reality, that spot is much more useful for a phone than business cards...yeah?

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I finally did it. I created a 3D file and had this part printed. It fits in the Business Card Holder in my console...thus enabling my phone to sit in it without falling out.

IMG_3111a.jpg

IMG_3117a.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

rob2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally did it. I created a 3D file and had this part printed. It fits in the Business Card Holder in my console...thus enabling my phone to sit in it without falling out.

Shutup and take my money!!

Seriously, that's cool! Needs to be black tho, and for an Iphone 6 plus! lol I'd pay you for it!

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Rob2388...send me the dimensions of your phone, and I will see what I can do. Thank you, by the way for the compliment. I ordered it in black, but in this material it must be the darkest it will go. I am going to research a different type of material to get a true black. This one was simply a prototype and I am pretty happy. I am going to make a couple small changes, but overall it is a winner.

redintex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I am definitely interested as well. Mine would be too easy, since I too have a Galaxy S5 in a case as well!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

JJK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sport quad 4X4 HEMI 5.7
Thats sweet!! I would like one as well. iPhone 5 If you have time? I use mine for gum. Trident pack fits perfect. But a cell phone holder would be a lot more practical. :waytogo: