Anyone modded the business card holder to hold a cell phone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I’ve been thinking of modifying this to integrate a wireless phone charger into the back. Have you thought of doing this yourself @wadestar

I did just that with a FosPower EnergyPad about two years ago and even sent Wadestar the same suggestion. Even with as thin as it was, I still had to cut it through the back of the phone holder for the phone to fit and also still charge.

CaptainDynaball

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did just that with a FosPower EnergyPad about two years ago and even sent Wadestar the same suggestion. Even with as thin as it was, I still had to cut it through the back of the phone holder for the phone to fit and also still charge.
Ah I'll check out that charger! Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

iCure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Nice Holder so far.
Have you ever thought about adding a QI Charger in the Mount?

I would love wireless charging. Maybe it is possible to send the 3D File so i can add one on my own for the 3D Printer.

Still some nice work.

FireMedic027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
@wadestar

Just placed my order after researching MANY products. Looking forward to getting mine! Hopefully it will get here by Friday for my trip this weekend.

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@wadestar

Just placed my order after researching MANY products. Looking forward to getting mine! Hopefully it will get here by Friday for my trip this weekend.
Thank you very much for your Order! It should definitely be there before Friday and I'm just as excited for you to get it. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Thank you, again!
Wade

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MRImike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone found a wireless charger that’s thin enough to fit in there with an iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@wadestar Just placed my order on amazon.ca for one of your phone holders. I had been wondering what it would take to create something for that business card holder to properly hold a phone... and then I found your version here on the ramforum... exactly what I wanted and looks the way I figured it would. Got the medium myself, which says it has the 3-5/16 width which should be about 3/32 larger than my iPhone 6S+ with a slim rubber case. Hopefully it'll be a perfect fit from the dimensions you posted.
Thanks very much for making this!

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@wadestar Just placed my order on amazon.ca for one of your phone holders. I had been wondering what it would take to create something for that business card holder to properly hold a phone... and then I found your version here on the ramforum... exactly what I wanted and looks the way I figured it would. Got the medium myself, which says it has the 3-5/16 width which should be about 3/32 larger than my iPhone 6S+ with a slim rubber case. Hopefully it'll be a perfect fit from the dimensions you posted.
Thanks very much for making this!

GordDavey,

Thank you very much for your Order! I very much appreciate it.

It looks like you made the right choice on the size as you don't want your phone to sit too tight in the holder.

Please do let me know if you ever need anything else or have any questions. Until then, enjoy the RPC Phone Holder.

Thank you, again!
Wade

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I read nearly all of the thread and wanted to say congrats on going from concept to product.
I'm fairly young & retired. I went from an awesome adrenaline-stoked job of 21 years to my original roots in drafting and design just to keep busy and make a few bucks. I now run a small drafting/CAD business and am interested in how your journey is going...No need to go into personal detail, but:
1. Did you ever receive the patent?
2. Factoring in tooling, patent costs, etc., did you past the break-even point?
3. Are you expanding into similar products for later gen Rams or are you sticking with the still-plentiful gen 4 Rams out there?

Regards

tklus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey All,
I designed a phone holder for the business card location for my Ram. I was getting ready to list my design for sale as well as offering a 3D printed version if people don't have a printer. I figured I should see if anyone else has a design out there. come to find out, Wade has a pretty cool design that is reasonably priced. after seeing this, I decided to add some value to my design to help it stand out. I have added a version that includes a Qi charging puck and am also considering adding a pen holder on the side.

I will have several versions available. I am also open to doing custom designs if someone needs a specific size. I currently support Iphone 13 Pro size with a large otterbox case and Iphone 13 Pro Max with an otterbox case. I will be posting the design as well as physical mounts on my Etsy store.

Thanks!
Tim
MicrosoftTeams-image (13).jpgMicrosoftTeams-image (14).jpgMicrosoftTeams-image (15).jpg