Anyone running a soft tonneau?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my truxedo ... rolls all the way to the glass when you need the bed..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Totally agree. I've have several of the truxedo on various trucks, as have my sons, and a few neighbors after they saw mine. They hold up well, look good, and do the job.

I bought a 2017 ram on Saturday and ordered one at Amazon for $255 delivered on Saturday night. Coming today. Love em

BAMAMAC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a tri-fold soft cover and love it. Was easy to install and I have lite to none moisture problems.I had to special order due to work boxes.

Harris342

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
I have the Mopar soft rollup and really like it. I have not seen the Gator one as others have mentioned in this post though. It does look pretty similar.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the xstang roll up or lift up like a hard cover. Can roll cover forward as needed or completly remove as one piece if needed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

autumnwalker

Reaction score
I have a generic one that came from the dealer (no RAM branding, etc. on it). I've had it on the truck for nearly three years now, no wear to speak of. Has been entirely waterproof. Super easy to remove / install (can do it myself in under 10 minutes).

Drawback is it seems to be a bit loose over the ribbing - not sure if the vinyl has stretched or what, but it's a bit flappy in the wind. Nothing concerning, but you can see it in the rear view.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an Angry Elephant cover. Wife got it from amazon for me as a birthday gift.
Other than a hardware hiccup during installation, it has functioned perfectly.
261ed5809b2f254e67bc64ecc4ac7db8.jpg

Had snow on it several time this winter, seemed to handle it just fine.
deff521e069637c019dbe60a1b109625.jpg

Rolls up and secures for full use of the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Do these tops work well after excessive snowfall? Does the weight have any effect on them?
I haven’t had any issues. I believe they are rated for a decent amount of weight and with the cold the cover tightens up so you get less sag.

Noeyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had an eXtang traditional soft tonneau with the tongue and groove snaps and their low profile velcro design on two different trucks. I'm not quite in the market for one yet, but considering the basic traditional design with the tongue and groove snaps again.

I had to deal with their customer service when the velcro design tonneau ripped off my Silverado in really strong winds while I was driving down the highway. They basically replaced the entire cover for free.

I had an extang snap cover on two of my other trucks and I was impressed with them for the money. Think I'm gonna give a hard cover a shot this go around though.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I have a soft 2 step fold back. For about 6 months now.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Lund Genesis Elite. Got a really sweet deal on it, after rebate $150.

BigHorn79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the Extang Trifecta 2.0 - have had it on for about two months and it works great for my light usage. The canvas material they use for that version looked better to me when I was shopping, it's more of a matte black color versus some of the glossy black vinyl covers I saw.