Atomic Motorsports Concepts (Long Travel Kit)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikeman13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Today I had a very lengthy conversation with Atomic Motorsports Concepts about the lack of 2wd Long Travel kits for the 3rd generation of Rams. We both agreed that the chassis on the 3rd generation is perfect for desert trucks and further more that he's been interested in bringing back and making revisions to the 3rd gen long travel kit they offered almost 10 years ago (seen below)

0811or_09_z+atomic_motorsports_mid_travel_ifs_system+dodge_2wd_front_view.jpg

With that being said it has landed in my lap to rally the interest for this kit and what revisions we'd like to see or just what we'd like to see out of a long travel kit in the first place. Things like: Do we want it to include bump stops, or what type of shock would we like the kit to come with?

One thing he said for certain was that he wanted the upper arm billet this go round which would be awesome to see. Seeing as how the previous kit was crafted almost 10 years ago technology has changed and he believes he can make a much more efficient kit.

So my question to you, would you be interested in seeing a new long travel kit made by Atomic Motorsports Concepts and if so what would you like this kit to implement.

This gives us a very unique opportunity as a community to see a project through from it's birth to it's finish and give the feedback to tailor the kit to our liking. We just need to Atomic Motorsports Concepts know that we want this kit and what we want out of it!

Tonight I will be sending this thread over to him so he can see our feedback!

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Damn! Very cool! I was going to swing by their shop on Friday to have a talk with them and make sure they were still around even. I'd love to have a long travel kit but I'm not sure I want all the extra width as I won't be taking the truck off-road all that much (I say that now...). Count me interested! And I'm local so if they want a truck to look at, let me know.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just a thought but you might want to post this info on some of the other Ram forums out there as well. You might have better luck getting 10 people that way as not everyone that might be interested will be on just this forum.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Count me in as far as being interested. Im local in SD as well. try and get a group together to go over there....?

RM12577

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just registered here so I could show interest in this, I was looking at buying a different truck just to get a long travel kit since everyone that made one for the 3rd gen rams quit making kits, these guys had the best kit by far and I would love to get one of their updated kits when they make one. :favorites13:

Nilla-hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Today I had a very lengthy conversation with Atomic Motorsports Concepts about the lack of 2wd Long Travel kits for the 3rd generation of Rams. We both agreed that the chassis on the 3rd generation is perfect for desert trucks and further more that he's been interested in bringing back and making revisions to the 3rd gen long travel kit they offered almost 10 years ago (seen below)

0811or_09_z+atomic_motorsports_mid_travel_ifs_system+dodge_2wd_front_view.jpg

With that being said it has landed in my lap to rally the interest for this kit and what revisions we'd like to see or just what we'd like to see out of a long travel kit in the first place. Things like: Do we want it to include bump stops, or what type of shock would we like the kit to come with?

One thing he said for certain was that he wanted the upper arm billet this go round which would be awesome to see. Seeing as how the previous kit was crafted almost 10 years ago technology has changed and he believes he can make a much more efficient kit.

So my question to you, would you be interested in seeing a new long travel kit made by Atomic Motorsports Concepts and if so what would you like this kit to implement.

This gives us a very unique opportunity as a community to see a project through from it's birth to it's finish and give the feedback to tailor the kit to our liking. We just need to Atomic Motorsports Concepts know that we want this kit and what we want out of it!

Tonight I will be sending this thread over to him so he can see our feedback!

I see that this is from last year, however I have been searching everywhere for this kit or one like it. Everything I have found has been from 2011. Atomic's site says it's still under construction. So, since you are the most recent person I've found to talk to Atomic, how can I get in contact with them?

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
The only reason I went with my maxtrac kit was because j couldn't find a long travel kit for my 07. I would absolutely love to get my hands on one. I'm also digging the idea of fox shocks with it. My idea when I built my truck was a pre runner, but as you can see, I need more travel.

Attachments

• 20160214_162930.jpg
    20160214_162930.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 20160214_162950.jpg
    20160214_162950.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 238
  • 20160213_131008.jpg
    20160213_131008.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 395
  • 20160204_152402-1.jpg
    20160204_152402-1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 20160204_152157-1.jpg
    20160204_152157-1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 168

shredder232

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just registered as well to see if this idea is still alive. i have an '02 1500 regular cab with a 3.7 that i would like to eventually swap to a modern 5.7 and throw in a mid/long travel kit. Id deff be interested but may not do it until another 5ish years.
ive had my eye on what looks like a 4wd reg cab
offroadexpo201435cjcoffroaddodgeram1500hemiprerunner-l-79b8c3525b9428fd.jpg

or only seen some where someones friend may have custom fabricated a kit
ram1.jpg

rtinniste

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only reason I went with my maxtrac kit was because j couldn't find a long travel kit for my 07. I would absolutely love to get my hands on one. I'm also digging the idea of fox shocks with it. My idea when I built my truck was a pre runner, but as you can see, I need more travel.

Same reason why I went with the maxtrac, wish I kept my fabbed cst spindles on the 05 I had.

But now btf fab offers a full race long travel kit with fabricated spindles that use dana 44 snouts vertical uniball and almost half of the at-junk kit, Btf also has a uniball stock length upper control arm, and also Michigan metal works has a uni ball upper control arm that clears the factory shock tower to get rid of the control arm slap.

The main issue is shocks we don't have a way to run longer stroke shocks for more travel. The factory shock towers and bump stops really limit us. And there's no way to do a mid travel type setup to run a coilover, you have to cut out the shock towers and have fabricate shock towers to fit a coilover. At that point you might as well go full on long travel since your doing the same amount of work.

What I wanted was a basic mid travel kit something that would get me 8-10 inches of travel up front plan was boxed uniball uppers, tab the lowers and machine 4130 chromoly ball joint cups instead of the junk cast factory part, cutout my factory shock towers fab new ones to fit a 8" coilover and hydro bump, simple bed cage and atlas progressive rear leafs. The entire idea is add some extra travel but keep the entire truck looking like it just has a run of the mill lift.

I'm still debating on what I want to do abandon the truck completely and just buy a 4runner or something with 4wd since we sold our JK.
I've literally gone thru this entire truck new balanced, ported and polished motor, full trans service, 4:88s, detroit locker, ball joints, bushings, tie rods. The list goes on and on

but this is suspension setup ditched the rear overloads added 1" longer tig welded shackle ditched the front sway bar maxtrac spindles kyb monomaxx's all around.

IMG_1005_zps7g4jsnch.jpg IMG_1113_zpsshuip5ma.jpg IMG_0964_zpsgpmnlsul.jpg

Trevorcalfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Atomic long travel kit

Hello, I'm new to the forum and can see that this discussion happened about 2 years ago. I am also very interested in atomic to bring back the dodge 3rd gen long travel kit as well. If any other news has come about this please keep me informed thanks guys.