Audio Idear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know a ton about audio, but I know my friend used to have two Rockford fosgate HX2's I believe with two 2400 watt amps running each and they kicked ass.

Is their anyway that two 12 inch HX2's could fit under the back seat in a fox box or something similar?

Just an idea that popped into my head today...

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
the hx2 mounting depth is around 6" or less and needs about 1.25 cube in a sealed and 2 cube in ported box dont know specs on the box your refering too, but im sure wouldnt be too hard to build one that will work and im not doubting your friend but if he had two 2400 watt amps he wasnt running at full tilt would of blown those suckers they where good subs but mx watt was around 1000 rockford is under rated though

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah I think they were turned up about 3/4 of the way. (2400 max 1200 RMS 75% is 900 wattS) I just remember the bass being SOOO clean and pure.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think this is possible if you custom fiberglassed the boxes to fit under the seats.

That amount of bass in a ram isn't going to sound clean, everything is going to rattle and vibrate. jHemi would know, he has 4 Rocksfords and just upgraded to 8.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
the first question would be is with a 6" deep sub fit in the fox box. I think it will. The second question is does the foxbox provide enough airspace. You would def. have to go sealed. No way you are getting 2 cub ft. per sub under the rear seats for a ported box.

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay. Maybe these are too much work.

I am just afraid to get a sub I have no "history" with after my experience with the kicker ebay special I bought last year. It was just poor quality. Not bad when it was quiet but it was like the sound was bottoming out (idk how else to describe it). I was so upset with it I even sold my old headunit with the subs. So now I have to start from scratch again.

I just want to have a good plan when I get back into it.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
what kicker sub was it. Kicker makes awesome stuff, but does have low end products. Plus you might have bought a refurbed if it was a low price.

I've had Kicker, fosgates, and JL Audio. In my experience the low end subs that are a great price just don't perform how I like and I end up replacing them with the more expensive sub and then love it.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do your research. I have always ran fosgate and love them. Gonna start upgrading everything in my truck. Look around and you can find deals on high end stuff, but if it seems too good to be true...it prolly is.

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
to get super loud bass and have it sound good it will take alot of time and planning lots of sound deadner i used fat mat it works pretty good very comparible to dyno mat at a quarter of the price, i love my rockford p3s very clean smooth bass response, and like sullivan said my 4 12s at full tilt rattled pretty good with no sound deadner once i get the 8 12s in there it will be insanely loud but the quality is going to suck but i did it for show and compitition, you will be able to push about 1500watts rms clearly if set up right and sounddeadend really good

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
to get super loud bass and have it sound good it will take alot of time and planning lots of sound deadner i used fat mat it works pretty good very comparible to dyno mat at a quarter of the price, i love my rockford p3s very clean smooth bass response, and like sullivan said my 4 12s at full tilt rattled pretty good with no sound deadner once i get the 8 12s in there it will be insanely loud but the quality is going to suck but i did it for show and compitition, you will be able to push about 1500watts rms clearly if set up right and sounddeadend really good

Do you have an upgraded alternator, upgraded big three, capacitors, extra batteries? Im interested.