Audio Upgrade for 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I was sure it would be under whelming in the cheap factory enclosure.

But pleasantly surprised, It hits like a hammer, Thrilled would be an understatement.

Very tight response, not boomy at all. great for the the kind of music I listen too

Have it cutting it in at 80hz seems to work nicley, but will dial it in once the DSP is up and running

Took a lot of work to fit it into the factory enclosure , but seems to have worked out nicely and the fold flat floor was not effected at all

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was sure it would be under whelming in the cheap factory enclosure.

But pleasantly surprised, It hits like a hammer, Thrilled would be an understatement.

Very tight response, not boomy at all. great for the the kind of music I listen too

Have it cutting it in at 80hz seems to work nicley, but will dial it in once the DSP is up and running

Took a lot of work to fit it into the factory enclosure , but seems to have worked out nicely and the fold flat floor was not effected at all

That’s awesome. The Focal sub is light years better than the factory one (and even the popular Pioneer one). Been a fan of the Flax series since I first heard them.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
yes, not even in the same conversation, but a lot of modding to get it to fit, you could not go with anything any deeper in the factory box

really hard to believe how stiff the Flac cone is, bet the 10" and 12" are insane

Just hoping they can get all my inputs working so i can start tuning this system

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
All Done..............

:happy160:
Took it up to the stereo shop this morning, turns out the problem is with RCA inputs the signal scense does not turn on the amp.

You need a physical 12v signal for the remote turn on. Got that ran and he connected right to the DSR1 software with his i pad, Still can't get my Android to see it ... :favorites68:

He double checked all the gains and set up the cross over on the sub amp, on the six channel he turned the cross overs off and set those up on the DSR1

It is night and day and the sub is really crushing it now, and the Focal Flac series speakers are incredible, Give them a listen if you get a chance.

Very happy with all the choices, I was sweating the speakers as I changed up due to finding a good deal, but like I said they are perfect

Thinking the Focals or the Audio Frogs would have worked for this build

upload_2018-6-23_15-38-22.png

Not sure u-tube will do this justice but here it is

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really happy it all finally got dialed in for you. Yeah, you want to do all your crossing over in the DSP. Except for maybe a high pass (set more in the midrange area) on the tweeters just as a safety thing.

Fairly simple, stealth and great sounding. Excellent work!

Ps. It seems that some ******* lawyer had your song pulled from YouTube.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Thanks man, real happy with the results, seems like I have been working on this forever

lmao......... yea i saw that, WTF it is just the entro , go figure, still plays on the site for me ?

first time I ever posted on u-tube :waytogo:

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Broke down and got the Audio Control SA-4140i SPL

This vid uses the older version, but basically the same thing

hoping to get working on this on Saturday

Think I am happy with the crossover points, but may try to tweak a little , curious to see how flat it is before EQing anything

Still having trouble with the phone and nav volume, it is doable but would like to have it a little louder ?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio