Audio Upgrade for 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My amp rack is 1/2" composite. It's the same material you see for plastic deck boards. It's bonded to the wall with sub floor adhesive. It's stuck to dynamat so I could peel it off If I really tried, but it's on there good.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
View attachment 127626 I know you're running similar set up to me amp wise. Dsr1 tucked in under the dash nicely. Can't seem to get a good picture, but here's the amp rack set up. Still have to get some ridgid felt to cover the few spots you can see wiring and dynamat, but it's almost done.

Nice work man ........ :waytogo:

Looks awesome

Reactions: BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah Im the same way. I currently just have my kicker 170 rms x 4 amp screwed to the sheetmetal behind the back seat. When i get time im going to use a 1/2" mdf board covered in black carpet, then screw that to the sheetmetal like you did.
Is your box a JL box, and shich model and size speakers are you running? Are you happy with how loud it is? Im now thinking about running one JL 10W6 under one side of teh rear seat.
It's a JL audio stealthbox. Has 2 10TW1 in it. Really good for everything but rap and plenty loud. Decent for rap, but it doesn't hit low like 12s do in a bigger box. As the only option I could find that let's me keep fold flat load floor (albeit with modifications required to make it work) it was the best for what I wanted.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
What route did you take with your power and signal cables

Looks like you had to get Power, speaker and RCA's to the front

Some one was saying you can't run power close to signal cables ?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What route did you take with your power and signal cables

Looks like you had to get Power, speaker and RCA's to the front

Some one was saying you can't run power close to signal cables ?
Power up the drivers side. Rcas and speakers under the centre console and across the front edge of the seat tray then up the passenger side. I have dynapad under my carpet so the wires were easy to conceal.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Wow, then you had to come across the dash to the amp with the speakers and RCA's

I don't have RCA's but have the DSR1 extension cable

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Hello DD1 :favorites13:

Just got here today, anyone in the Central PA area that wants your gains set let me know

upload_2018-5-11_14-31-16.png

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Finished up the sound dampening in the back, and got the power wire ran to the battery

upload_2018-5-12_16-15-37.png

upload_2018-5-12_16-15-48.png

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
So am I, if it would ever stop raining here I might be able to make some progress,

Had a two hour window tonight it was n0ot raining and got the amps in the truck

Supposed to rain all weekend, no luck at all on this project :banghead:

upload_2018-5-19_17-17-31.png

Last edited:

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
suh-weet.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
View attachment 127626 I know you're running similar set up to me amp wise. Dsr1 tucked in under the dash nicely. Can't seem to get a good picture, but here's the amp rack set up. Still have to get some ridgid felt to cover the few spots you can see wiring and dynamat, but it's almost done.
In lieu of rigid felt, consider 1/2" Dynaliner. That will really help with ambient noise. The dynamat + dynaliner = goodness.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
In lieu of rigid felt, consider 1/2" Dynaliner. That will really help with ambient noise. The dynamat + dynaliner = goodness.
I already had dynamat on the back wall and dynapad on the whole floor. I got some auto carpet underlay and it did the job really well and on the cheap.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I already had dynamat on the back wall and dynapad on the whole floor. I got some auto carpet underlay and it did the job really well and on the cheap.
Yeah this is the route I went. The nice thing about the Dynaliner is the adhesive backing, unlike the pad (which is awesome stuff). The bad thing about Dynaliner (any Dynamat product for that matter).... $$$$$.

Reactions: BWL
OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Yea that sound deadening was a PITA

Going to see how it sounds before I go any further with that , Hoping I am done :eek:

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Plugged everything thing last night and unfortunately it is all screwed up.

Two rear speakers, sub woofer, Drivers side door speakers work, Passenger side, dash mids and tweeters on both side don't work

Idata and Rockford both have had updates since I flashed the DSR1 only a few weeks ago

Will try to re-flash tonight and see if that helps, possible I screwed up the wiring, but went over it with a fine tooth comb last night.

Going to check continuity to confirm everything is going to the right place and no broken wires

Was kind of hoping it would just fire right up for some instant gratification ............ lol

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
What a nightmare ........

can't connect to the DSR1 via Bluetooth ? Flashed it to latest and greatest from IData and Rockford, so it is up to the minute firmware

funny thing switched it to two channel input and everything worked except passenger side door, but tested the output at the amp with a speaker so must have a broken conductor some where, going to isolate that tonight

Preliminary it really sounds great just out of the box using two channel input crossed at 80htz , calling Rockford see what I can do to get this software to connect

Called JL tech support last night and they are awesome, he was on the phone with me for 45 minutes walking me through testing and isolating the problem

Turns out the input selector on the Amp is faulty, so I have to return it, no luck to be had on this project

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Here is a few more pics I took along the way

upload_2018-5-26_20-34-36.png

upload_2018-5-26_20-34-50.png

upload_2018-5-26_20-35-4.png