Audiofrog Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have been pricing out new speakers. Anyone have experience with Audiofrog? I understand the dash speakers may require some moddi g to get the fitment right, but wanted to see as far as depths go, can the dash, front and rear all be covered with their offering?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great reviews of them over on DIYMA. The guy that started the company is nothing short of a legend.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. The GB series have been in more than one SQ competition winning vehicle. The GB40 might be a little challenging to fit into the dash position but I’d bet it would be pretty awesome.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I have been pricing out new speakers. Anyone have experience with Audiofrog? I understand the dash speakers may require some moddi g to get the fitment right, but wanted to see as far as depths go, can the dash, front and rear all be covered with their offering?
My good friend is an AF rep and I have personally listened to most of what they have...on demo boards and in-car. They're great speakers.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. The GB series have been in more than one SQ competition winning vehicle. The GB40 might be a little challenging to fit into the dash position but I’d bet it would be pretty awesome.
I could be wrong, but I remember Andy saying he'd always steer towards the gb25 over the gb40 unless you can place the gb40's wider than the pillars. The gb25 will play low enough to mate with any midbass out there and their output is much higher than their sensitivity rating would suggest.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A GB10, 25 and 60 along with a GB series sub is a system I really want to hear in a Ram. I might have saved some money on my system if I had. ;)

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had been looking at the GS series. Will have to do some more research and make sure it will all fit before ordering.
What the mounting depth for the front and back doors?

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The GS690 is a 6x9 midbass that should drop right into the front doors. Their mounting depth is 2 7/8”. You could pair those with the GB15 tweeter for a nice two way front stage.

There’s also the GS693 which is a three way triaxial 6x9.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The GS690 is a 6x9 midbass that should drop right into the front doors. Their mounting depth is 2 7/8”. You could pair those with the GB15 tweeter for a nice two way front stage.

There’s also the GS693 which is a three way triaxial 6x9.

The GS10 would work as well. If I ever upgrade, I am leaning towards that route.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The GS10 would work as well. If I ever upgrade, I am leaning towards that route.

I’ve always been a sucker for large format tweeters ever since I had Dynaudio MD130s back in the 90s.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I have heard these speakers in person, They are nothing short of amazing sounding, the vehicle i heard them in had 2.5 mid, and 1" tweeters up front and the 6 1/2's in the doors

You just can't go wrong with these

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I plan on some GB 25s in my dash real soon to round off my 3 way. Right now my front doors are Morel Tempo 6's, Tweeters are the Morel TW1's, and when i get my DSP Dayton-408 I will be adding the GB25 in the midrange. Ive heard I might get be able to do away with the tweeter using the JBL house curve the highs are spectacular out of them but being a big speaker they are not harsh at volume with the right curve. Looking forward to finding out.

Little bit of eq work to make them smoother up top but can reach out pretty strong.
GB25-GraphWEB1-e1409995917613.gif

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a quote from Andy Whemeyer from a thread on DIYMA about the GB25s.

“All of the Audiofrog mids are designed to be mids. Unlike small "widebanders", the GB25 is designed to be efficient and handle plenty of power. It has a peak at the top of the response which we intend to be eliminated with a low pass filter and a tweeter. With a GB10 it's a great system. Add a GB60 for a killer 3-way.

If you're really set on going tweeterless (please, God no!), you can probably remove the peak with EQ and have sound similar to other "wideband" speakers.”

Link: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...y-car/257233-audiofrog-gb25-wideband-mid.html