Auto start help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 2017 ram 1500 limited. It has the autostart on the key fob. From what I understand you need to press the start button twice, trouble is sometimes it works sometimes it does not. It doesn’t do much good when I have to go check to see if it started. Anyway is there a certain sequence I’m supposed to do? Range is not a problem it’s just a matter of whether or not it decides to work. Right now I’m not pressing any other buttons except the one that says X2 on it. According to the salesman that’s I am to do, but now I’m starting to wonder if I’m supposed to do a different sequence. Any tricks would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I find the remote start works better if I pause one or two seconds between presses. I have a window where I can view the truck, and when I press the start button once and wait for the parking lights to flash before pressing it a second time, it starts up within a couple seconds every time.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remember no check engine lights and no low fuel light. Also holding it up to ur chin and doing it will give it more range. Yes it really does work.

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have mine set to chirp the horn

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
My neighbor had a similar problem with his 17 not wanting to remote start every time. If I remember correctly his dealer did some software updates and fixed the issue.
If I'm not mistaken, you can only remote start the vehicle twice in a row, then you have to turn the ignition "on" as it will not remote start again till you do.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yup, twice is the limit and after that you actually have to activate the ignition and set it to RUN.

My remote start won't work unless I press the button twice, firmly, and not in quick succession.

twolabsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Stand next to your truck and do it. First press you should see the display wake up. Second press it should start. If it doesn’t, maybe the display will say why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
I

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks for all the replies. This morning I tried doing it much slower and worked, I will keep an ion it and let you know. It worked in the past not just every time. Maybe I was doing it too fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk