Aux Switch Location Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol! i love it!

Funny thing is, I've been driving around for 9 months with it dangling under my steering wheel. Apparently I had an Einstein moment today and said, wait a minute, that looks like it will clip right in there. And it did!

IMG_20170603_205714.jpg

Buzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 pullin the War Wagon
Some great ideas here.

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can I use any rocker switches for this aev panel or are there certain switches I would need to purchase?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can I use any rocker switches for this aev panel or are there certain switches I would need to purchase?

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/switch-pod-ram-trucks/

AEV recommends using Carling Contura II rocker switches (not included) but a number of other aftermarket switches may also work

I used Contura-V switches but you can put different rockers on

https://www.otrattw.net/Contura-V-Series-SPST-On-Off-Lower-Independent/

I have the XIV rockers

https://www.otrattw.net/Contura-V-Series-XIV-Lower-Independent/

Raminator66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to utilize the factory switch panel in my 2012 that houses the hazard, tow/haul, and the power outlet switch... I found this switch panel which has 4 AUX switches and looks to be the same as the panel in my truck. Has anyone ever opened these panels up and placed the AUX switches in the factory panel? Does the harness in the truck already have wires or would a different harness need to be purchased and spliced in?

Aux panel front - https://ssli.ebayimg.com/images/g/yX4AAOSwpRRWnk2L/s-l1600.jpg
Aux panel rear - https://ssli.ebayimg.com/images/g/QvkAAOSwa-dWnk2L/s-l1600.jpg

Thanks!
very nice

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
why does AEV have to be so friggin expensive? I love the look, but not the price. Trying to find a decent single switch for now for my LED light bar. I could also add the bed lights as a separate switch but for now they are controlled at the tailgate only.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
why does AEV have to be so friggin expensive? I love the look, but not the price. Trying to find a decent single switch for now for my LED light bar. I could also add the bed lights as a separate switch but for now they are controlled at the tailgate only.

The AEV is $100 then you get to buy the switches lol

I put a light bar on my daughters truck and I used this mopar switch p/n 68005178AC.

https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-wiring-kit-off-road-switch-fog-lamp-68005178ac

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I wish you could add on to the factory switches. I have an open spot.

Any idea which switches fit the aev pod?

Last edited:

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

If you have homelink get one of these and sync to homelink buttons. I had mine under dash due to prior wiring for tow hook cover pods and bed/toolbox lights but will work under hood as well. It worked flawlessly till I got the aftermarket oem auxillary switch setup

Screenshot_20190218-185347_Amazon Shopping.jpg

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I do have home link. I've looked at that one before.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
If you have homelink get one of these and sync to homelink buttons. I had mine under dash due to prior wiring for tow hook cover pods and bed/toolbox lights but will work under hood as well. It worked flawlessly till I got the aftermarket oem auxillary switch setup

View attachment 156008

What kind of delay is there turning it on/off?

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What kind of delay is there turning it on/off?

I had Absolutely no delay. I got tired of carrying another remote or leaving it in the truck center storage so synced to homelink and it worked flawlessly!
Only reason I still dont have it is I went with the Aftermarket Oem Auxiliary switch panel.
Like I said mine was tywrapped to steering column bracket under dash so was close to homelink. I read on some thread when I did mine that others had it under the hood so no wiring needed to cabin

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I wish you could add on to the factory switches. I have an open spot.

Any idea which switches fit the aev pod?

I use the Contura V from OTRATTW in mine.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I use the Contura V from OTRATTW in mine.

I guess I meant the aleternates to Contura switches.

I just went to OTRATTW and I guess the whole setup isn't near as bad. I thought I found a $450 switch pod which is WAY overpriced.

Any source for blank spot covers? I can see using 4 of the 6 spots right off the bat.

Also. Otrattw has a sale, so I got 15% off. I bought the 4 switches I know I'll use in the near future, but no idea how to fill the 2 not used.

Last edited:

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I guess I meant the aleternates to Contura switches.

I just went to OTRATTW and I guess the whole setup isn't near as bad. I thought I found a $450 switch pod which is WAY overpriced.

Any source for blank spot covers? I can see using 4 of the 6 spots right off the bat.

Also. Otrattw has a sale, so I got 15% off. I bought the 4 switches I know I'll use in the near future, but no idea how to fill the 2 not used.

I was in the same boat. I put in another switch for future use and I put this in the last spot.

Rydonair Universal Rocker Style 4.2A Dual USB Charger Socket with Blue LED Digital Voltmeter Gauge for Rocker Switch Panel on Marine, Boat, Car, Golf Cart, UTV, ATV, etc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076MSVQ9S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_eAwBCbM74EKM6

OP
OP
stimpy433

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had Absolutely no delay. I got tired of carrying another remote or leaving it in the truck center storage so synced to homelink and it worked flawlessly!
Only reason I still dont have it is I went with the Aftermarket Oem Auxiliary switch panel.
Like I said mine was tywrapped to steering column bracket under dash so was close to homelink. I read on some thread when I did mine that others had it under the hood so no wiring needed to cabin

Did you just have to use one homelink button to turn it "on/off" or did you have to use one button for "on" and another button for "off"???

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you just have to use one homelink button to turn it "on/off" or did you have to use one button for "on" and another button for "off"???

1 only for on and off
1 homelink for our gate
1 homelink for garage
1 homelink for the wireless switch
You COULD set it up for each homelink for 3 of the 4 remote switchs but 2 of my homelinks were already used do I just turned on whole remote system with 1 homelink

OP
OP
stimpy433

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1 only for on and off
1 homelink for our gate
1 homelink for garage
1 homelink for the wireless switch
You COULD set it up for each homelink for 3 of the 4 remote switchs but 2 of my homelinks were already used do I just turned on whole remote system with 1 homelink

Cool, thanks!!! I'll have to order one today. I just need something simple to turn on/off the lightbar mounted in my bull bar.