Back up camera question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How do I get the back up camera button in my controls category? Just would be nice to hit that and check behind me without having to put it in reverse.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you can click either controls or apps, then press the backup cam button, you can do this even while driving, it stays on for little while then automatically turns off or you can click the X and turn it off. I use mine all the time because at work I pull thru to the next parking space so I turn it on make sure I'm out of that space behind me while I'm in drive.

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
you can click either controls or apps, then press the backup cam button, you can do this even while driving, it stays on for little while then automatically turns off or you can click the X and turn it off. I use mine all the time because at work I pull thru to the next parking space so I turn it on make sure I'm out of that space behind me while I'm in drive.

Yea that’s the button I’m looking for because I don’t have it anywhere. I’ve seen it on trucks at dealers but when I go into mine I don’t have that button anywhere. Was wondering how I go about getting it for that reason you like yours.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beats me, mines a 2017 and always been there

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To my knowledge the backup cam button was not intoduced untill the 2016 modle trucks with the RA3 & RA4 8.4" Radios ...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The backup cam in motion option was not available in your model year. As RLK suggested it is an option for the 2016 and newer trucks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep that's the one option I don't have and I can't put in. My truck is a 2014. I actually have the AE tool and can go into my BCM and turn on any code I want. The code is not even there to turn on in my truck because it wasn't offered until 2016.

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yep that's the one option I don't have and I can't put in. My truck is a 2014. I actually have the AE tool and can go into my BCM and turn on any code I want. The code is not even there to turn on in my truck because it wasn't offered until 2016.

Yea this is what I was hoping could be done cause my dad manages our local ram dealership so I have access to stuff like that. Thanks for the replies tho, damn 2015 lol

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Contact obdgenie they may be able to add it

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Contact obdgenie they may be able to add it
Unfortunately they most likely can't. When you buy an OBD Genie they don't add codes. They just activate the codes that are already in your BCM that Chrysler will not allow the dealers to activate. From what I've been able to see with my tool the codes not even there to activate in the earlier trucks.