Back up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks like a good pic.. No guide lines ? Not really needed but curious.. You can not beat that price :0 I may get one for my HHR :)

Yea it has the guidelines I just have them turned off. The picture is even better in person. I'm anxious to see how it looks at night. I'm pretty impressed so far especially for the price.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Yea it has the guidelines I just have them turned off. The picture is even better in person. I'm anxious to see how it looks at night. I'm pretty impressed so far especially for the price.

Thanks for the reply.. Looking like I will be getting one for my HHR soon, but first getting boards for my RAM :)

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks for the reply.. Looking like I will be getting one for my HHR soon, but first getting boards for my RAM :)

Ram comes first lol. The night time view is good also, tho I do have led reverse lights so that may help also.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Ram comes first lol. The night time view is good also, tho I do have led reverse lights so that may help also.

Yup my RAM comes first lol.. my HHR is my back/ work up car ! My RAM gets spoiled more lol

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Okay so I'm having some issues with this thing, since the second day I installed it it has not come on at night, when you put it in reverse the screen "lightens" but no image comes up. It would always come on during the day time with no issue until a few days later it wouldn't come on at all, just "lighten" the screen when put in reverse but no image. So I thought maybe the ground wasn't good like stated before so I ran a ground to the frame, hooked it up, put my truck in reverse and it came on right away. Thought I fixed the issue so I went out that night put it in reverse, didn't come on just "lightened" the screen again and no image. Now it's not coming on during the day either. Just wondering if because I didn't hook the power wire up to the reverse bulb wire in the section of wiring from the bulb socket to wiring harness like the directions say to would be the cause? I tied the power into the reverse wire that's in the wiring harness with all the wires that goes to the plug going to the tail light plug. Sorry if that's hard to follow. That's the only thing I can think of being wrong besides a faulty camera. Any thoughts or help from past experience would be great.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probe the wire that you tapped the camera into with a multimeter. Make sure that it is getting at least 12v when in reverse. If it is, and your ground is good, then it may be a faulty camera, or the issue may actually be with the monitor. I'd make sure that it is getting at least 12v as well.

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Probe the wire that you tapped the camera into with a multimeter. Make sure that it is getting at least 12v when in reverse. If it is, and your ground is good, then it may be a faulty camera, or the issue may actually be with the monitor. I'd make sure that it is getting at least 12v as well.

Good call, I'll do that and see what I get.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Just a thought and remember I am old lol can you hot wire the camera to a
12 v battery so your wire will be Hot and Ground direct? That should be the direct link and remove doubt about bad ground or hot! Did I explain that right, I suck at explaining thing typing lol That should narrow the search a bit.. Good luck

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just a thought and remember I am old lol can you hot wire the camera to a
12 v battery so your wire will be Hot and Ground direct? That should be the direct link and remove doubt about bad ground or hot! Did I explain that right, I suck at explaining thing typing lol That should narrow the search a bit.. Good luck

That sounds legit but I'm not really a electrical guru lol could try it.

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Checked the power with a meter and it's getting the 12 volts. The ground checked out good also so I emailed yada and they're sending me a new one straight from them. Seems like something wrong with the camera, maybe the night vision is bad since it only does it at night? We'll see when I get the new one.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Good to hear they have good customer service.. I may add the Yoda to my HHR this summer

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good to hear they have good customer service.. I may add the Yoda to my HHR this summer

Yea I was impressed. Told them I checked everything out on my end to make sure it was something wrong with the product and they were like ok we'll get one sent to ya for an exchange.

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just wanted to give an update. They sent me a new camera, took about a week to get here. Hooked it up today and so far it's working good!
IMG_3075.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Just wanted to give an update. They sent me a new camera, took about a week to get here. Hooked it up today and so far it's working good!
View attachment 85628

Cool beans Thanks for the update! Looks like a pretty sharp picture ! I will add one soon to my HHR, as I just installed OEM Running boards and a Head Ache Rack , figure I need money for food , mortgage etc. and the ********** :favorites13: have to help those poor girls get through college lol

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Cool beans Thanks for the update! Looks like a pretty sharp picture ! I will add one soon to my HHR, as I just installed OEM Running boards and a Head Ache Rack , figure I need money for food , mortgage etc. and the ********** :favorites13: have to help those poor girls get through college lol

Hahaha I like your priorities!

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha nice. Where do you have the monitor mounted at ?
Could we also get a picture of the camera? Wanted to see if you ended up going inside the spoiler or not

Last edited:
OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Haha nice. Where do you have the monitor mounted at ?
Could we also get a picture of the camera? Wanted to see if you ended up going inside the spoiler or not

I have the monitor at the bottom left corner of my windshield right above my inspection sticker. No I didn't put it in my spoiler cause it has a L shaped bracket to mount over your license plate and even if you took that off it would be to big to mount in the spoiler. You could probably mount it to the outside of the spoiler but that's right where I grab to put my tailgate back up and I could see breaking or knocking it off.

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It still works good on the license plate and when I have the receiver in my hitch you can see the ball just fine so it serves it's purpose. Don't mind my truck being filthy, we had all that snow last week and rain all this week lolIMG_3077.JPG