bad axle bearing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12vcummins59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
In my 96 ram 2500 4wd I'm getting a vibration that I can feel throughout the truck and in the pedals and steering wheel. It isn't very bad but gets worse when turning right and goes away when turning left. I was thinking driver side front axle bearing gone bad? What else could it be?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my 96 ram 2500 4wd I'm getting a vibration that I can feel throughout the truck and in the pedals and steering wheel. It isn't very bad but gets worse when turning right and goes away when turning left. I was thinking driver side front axle bearing gone bad? What else could it be?

I would check u joints as well. Had a rear drive shaft going bad on my old truck. Used to shake while accelerating but calmed down most of the way while cruising. Just something to look at. If you think it's the hub jack it up and see if you can rock the tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

12vcummins59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I would check u joints as well. Had a rear drive shaft going bad on my old truck. Used to shake while accelerating but calmed down most of the way while cruising. Just something to look at. If you think it's the hub jack it up and see if you can rock the tire

Could it be a front drive shaft u joint, I know one of those is bad on my truck I just haven't done it yet

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's bad enough maybe. I'm not 100% on that but I would say it's worth a shot.