Bad Dealer experience in VA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mmathw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So I originally bought a truck from Fair Oaks Chrysler in Chantilly, VA. Told me I was approved for the 0.9% financing deal they were running through Chrysler Capital. Long story short they called me about 2 weeks later and said Chrysler Capital denied my loan and if I bought an extended warranty they would approve it.

I called Chrysler Capital and they had no record of me so I went to multiple other dealers and showed them my paperwork. They all said what Fair Oaks was doing is basically illegal. Obviously, I returned the truck and got my trade in back. They kept saying oh let’s work something out. I told them I refused to do any type of business with them.

Went to a different dealer and they immediately had me approved for the same amount through Chrysler Capital.

So a buddy of mine was looking at buying a Ram so I jokingly told him he should just go buy the one I returned cause I’m sure it’ll be discounted as it had 1,400 miles on it. He went there and low and behold they were trying to sell it as brand new. When my buddy asked how it was brand new with so many miles the manager told him it had to do with being driven there from different dealerships.

Anyways, it all worked out as I got the truck and the deal I wanted in the end. Just figured I’d share as a heads up to anyone in the area either looking or knows someone that is

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wow...both of those scenarios are very shady.

Thanks for the heads up.