Bad mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, there's all sort of post about the best mods, cheapest mods, easiest mods, etc... I'm going to install the ugly stirrup steps this week to keep the woman happy, so it made me wonder... What mods have you done/tried that either didn't work out or you have found not to be worth the time/effort/money?

'03 5.7 4x4 1500

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my front Leveling kit caused damaged to my front end. So I would say they are a bad mod. Its entirely my fault for not listing to the advice given on replacing the factory suspension with aftermarket.
So I got what i deserved... :roflsquared:
Coverking seat covers are also a bad investment :puke:. They didnt even last 2 years before falling apart.

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That comes after she reads this

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Good one!! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

05christj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Painting my headlights: I took them apart and painted the inside black to match the color of the truck. They never sealed right and now 90% of the time have condensation in them and look like crap cause they are also starting to yellow.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Antennae X. Looked cheesy, once on the truck.

Kenwood Radio.
Like the radio but wished I had got a MAestro compatable version. Also, thought I would need knobs, since it was I was used too. Not so, knobs are to dinky to turn and are useless.

OEM Molded Mud Flaps
Paint rub was almost instant.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Worst mods I've done/tried?? Well, let's see... Carr hoop steps were cool while they lasted. Leveling kit looks good, but wrecked my front end components, pretty sure my SC helped my TC grenade and clutches to eat their selves. Installing different exhaust system... I can probably throw in the roof light bar as well...

Pretty anything other that straight OEM and bone stock was a bad mod for me.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I've installed two of the DeeZee tailgate Assist kits on previous trucks. One the bolt came loose and both of them pop loud every time I open the tailgate. No matter where I put that plastic sleeve it pops on the way down.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've installed two of the DeeZee tailgate Assist kits on previous trucks. One the bolt came loose and both of them pop loud every time I open the tailgate. No matter where I put that plastic sleeve it pops on the way down.

Weird. I would put the DeeZee tailgate assist in the "Best Mod" column.

Tweek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So, there's all sort of post about the best mods, cheapest mods, easiest mods, etc... I'm going to install the ugly stirrup steps this week to keep the woman happy, so it made me wonder... What mods have you done/tried that either didn't work out or you have found not to be worth the time/effort/money?

'03 5.7 4x4 1500

finally! someone made this thread.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
it is a pretty cool thread, isn't it...