Bad motor 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Sorry you are having a tough time and hope you get a good remanufactured engine and a good warranty.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well if you are putting 100 thousand miles in 3 years you doing some riding.

OP
OP
B

Braydon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well new motor is in. Sounds better but makes a gurgle noise when coming to stop also oil pressure very a lot with rpm a lot more then old motor did. Old motor held steady at all rpms.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you having any issues take it to where you bought it.Do it now while everything is still new if your oil pressure is fluctuating .

riklyn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
maybe totally unrelated, but bolts holding my flywheel got loose and backed out. sounded like a rod knocking. this was on an o3, approx 215,000 miles. my mechanic had seen it before and decided to check before replacing engine.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Check to make sure your coolant system has been bled properly and all air has been purged from it.

Can you tell what your oil pressure is at idle and when you are cruising at a higher RPM? I expect it to move. It may have been a lazy sensor in the old engine.

OP
OP
B

Braydon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah mechanics taking look at it tomarow it is a totally different noise then the other motor was producing this only happens when warm and at idle and gas it stops.

OP
OP
B

Braydon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This noise also resonates around the bell housing only. I’ll let you know what mechanic says he’ll probably remove inspection plate and check the flywheel and torque converter. Hoping for a simple fix need this truck running good.

OP
OP
B

Braydon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well truck is at mechanic motor is junk has 60 psi of oil pressure on cold start and drops to 15 when warm idling