Bad ujoint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Davis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I changed out my ujoint two week ago and im hearing the infamous clicking and squealing noise again. I used a hammer and socket to install them. Could I of damaged it by doing this?

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I changed out my ujoint two week ago and im hearing the infamous clicking and squealing noise again. I used a hammer and socket to install them. Could I of damaged it by doing this?
As long as you didn't booger up the needle bearings you should be good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jack Davis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I regrease it, its good for a few days and then the clicking and squealing comes back

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd just pull it and inspect it. You shouldn't have to grease it that frequently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jack Davis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i just looked at it and noticed that one of the clips is not seated all the way in. but i doubt this would cause the noise.

OP
OP
J

Jack Davis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
after thinking about it yea that could be it. the grease could be leaking out on the one side or a bearing might of fallen

OP
OP
J

Jack Davis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i took out the ujoint and checked it over looked good and put it back in and went for a ride. i still had the noise decided to jack up the driver front tire and wiggled it. thinking it might be a wheel bearing, no play. drove it again and the noise is gone... for now.