BAS ESP Lamp / steering angle sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim_87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dear All,

first off all, please excuse my english – I wrote you from Germany.

I have a Dodge RAM 1500 5.7L HEMI 4x4 Sport from 2007
VIN 1D7HU18297J596996

Since a few weeks the BAS and ESP lamp is shining.
I received the Feedback that it is a problem with clock spring / steering angle sensor.
We checked the parameter with an OBD II Tool.
If we turn steering wheel to the left side everything works well. The sensor counts 1°,2°,3°, and so on.
But if we turn to the right the sensor jumps directly from 0° to 110°.
We tried to calibrate the sensor but without any success – therefore we think that the sensor is broken.

I striped down the steering wheel to spend a look for the original part number – 05082062AG.
I checked all possibilities I know to get a new one. On OEM Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge & Ram Parts Online | Factory Chrysler Parts I found the remark that this part is replaced by Part Number: 68292840AA. But this part number is also nowhere available.
On www.moparpartsgiant.com/ I found the remark that 68292840AA is “discontinued”.
Is this one also replaced by a new one?
Is there any chance to get a new sensor?

Actually I have no Idea how to fix this problem.

Many thanks for your support and best regards from Germany
Tim

Last edited:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Was going to say you're in the wrong section and give you a link to follow for posting to get better advice but i see you've found it already.

Good luck on your issues!