Battery warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

HandyAndy09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Wow, really the warranty on the battery, or what.
Yes in my case battery warranty but based on their email respond it looks like anything that’s done to vehicle and wasn’t done by FCA. This is copied from the email they send me in respond why my battery isn’t covered.

“NON-FCA MODIFICATIONS
The warranties in this booklet do not cover repairs required because of non-FCA modifications,
installation of special equipment or accessories, or use of special materials, fuels or additives. This
includes special bodies, body conversions, fuel system conversions, trailer hitches, window tints,
sunroofs, theft alarms, etc. Non-FCA modifications do not by themselves void your warranty, but they
are not covered by warranty.”

I’m not gonna argue with them over 200$ battery ( they where trying to force me that I have to buy one from them for 485$ installed what is 100 more then she told me over the phone.) But one think is for sure that this is my last FCA vehicle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
buy an optima and call it a day. batteries are so mass produced that you are lucky to get 3-4 years out of one now days.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
But one think is for sure that this is my last FCA vehicle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get a chuckle when I see statements like this.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be fuming mad if this happened to me, and being retired, I'd make it my sole purpose to hound them till they did something about it!

Having said that, it would be a mistake to think that the other manufacturers don't treat their customers the same way as this, have the same issues, etc. They are all the same.

Individual dealerships can definitely be different, especially when it comes to things that might slip by as "good will", but the corporations themselves are all the same.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
buy an optima and call it a day. batteries are so mass produced that you are lucky to get 3-4 years out of one now days.
Buy the best you can afford,from a place that has many locations where you travel and keep the warranty in the truck. I've had to replace battery's every 2-3 years lately. The day's of 6-7 year life, are far and few. And BTW find another dealer for your business.