Bayou Goat Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iceyivy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
So I recently recieved one of these mounts and would like to share with everyone. Before I get started, I should state that in no way shape or form sponsored or a part of their company. Just wanted everyone to know about a great product. Where do I start, well i'm currently prepping my truck to for my cross country trip from VA to CA (change of duty stations) I came across this mount and decided to give it a go for mounting my gps and phone.

I installed this at lunch today by taking out the two T20 torx screws under the rubber bottom on the sun glasses slot above the radio. Then just put them through the holes on the mount itself an screwed'er back down. Instructions called for cutting slits into the rubber bottom but I opted not to.

So after work I had to go to school and sign up for fall classes, needless to say I put it to the test. I threw my gps on it and away we went. I currently live in hampton roads where the pot holes are the size of the cities themselves. There was plenty of bumps and shakes along the way with no rattling or coming off.

Next week ill pick up a cell phone mount and throw that up on it too. Completely satisfied with this thing!

20150819_132546.jpg

20150819_191657.jpg

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's a great product! I use mine all the time... I got the single mount, though. I'd buy it again!

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very cool. It would be great to use my phone as a dash cam... during the cooler months. I've found, putting my phone in that area during the summer months in Texas just bakes my phone.

OP
OP
iceyivy

iceyivy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Very cool. It would be great to use my phone as a dash cam... during the cooler months. I've found, putting my phone in that area during the summer months in Texas just bakes my phone.

I really like mine so far. Just waiting until I find the right cell phone mount to slap up there.

That Texas heat would definitely bake your phone if the A/C wasn't running or you accidentally left it in there.

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one of (THESE) in 2 personal vehicles and 4 work trucks. They are GREAT! If you hit the mount surface and the suction cup with an alcohol towelette and make sure it's clean, it will stick very well.

Attachments

• PhoneHolder.jpg
    PhoneHolder.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 765
OP
OP
iceyivy

iceyivy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I have one of (THESE) in 2 personal vehicles and 4 work trucks. They are GREAT! If you hit the mount surface and the suction cup with an alcohol towelette and make sure it's clean, it will stick very well.

Hmmmm.... I do have a galaxy, but I was looking at this one that extended a little closer to me. I know, lazy

http://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Holder...id=1440172792&sr=1-5&keywords=phone+car+mount

Edit: I actually really like the one you pictured above. Me and my damn indecisiveness

texas_takeover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Single mount with the Iottie easy one touch 2. Holds my samsumg galaxy note 4 with the spigen tough armor case.uploadfromtaptalk1440520513239.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk