BBK headers/ install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preston Kerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
So I purchased some BBK's shorties for my Hemi, they are now on its way. In the meantime I need to find a place that could do the install. Do you guys think a muffler shop would do it since its part of the exhaust, or is this something more on the level of a mechanic? here's why I'm asking, your probably thinking why I don't do it myself, and that's because, my truck has that hemi tick at only cold start, and I discovered that its a broken exhaust manifold screw on the passenger side. So this is something that will need to be extracted out.

What are you guys take on that? any ideas?

Thanks,

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
either could potentially do it, but you'll want to be up-front about that broken bolt for two reasons: 1) it will affect the cost since the mechanic will likely have to *** with it for a while and 2) it may affect the shop's ability or desire to do the job at all. nothing worse than dropping your truck off for the job, only to find out it will cost more than quoted, or that they're rejecting the job completely.

OP
OP
P

preston Kerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
either could potentially do it, but you'll want to be up-front about that broken bolt for two reasons: 1) it will affect the cost since the mechanic will likely have to *** with it for a while and 2) it may affect the shop's ability or desire to do the job at all. nothing worse than dropping your truck off for the job, only to find out it will cost more than quoted, or that they're rejecting the job completely.

For sure gonna be upfront.