Bed covers question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Valensisi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What kind of bed covers is everyone using with the rambox cargo management option ...I need sometimes that I can fold out of the way to fit an ATV ..thanks

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a truxedo lopro on mine. Rolls up small which is what I wanted. I'm very happy with it.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Thanks guys

I was using a Bakflip F1, but took it off. The hardware takes up almost all of the T-track real estate and it’s a PITA to remove and reinstall. I get more use out of being able to use the full length of T-tracks in the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwelz414

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I have a truxedo lo pro. The cover and design is awesome and I think it is very well put together kit. However, it got delivered to me with damaged gaskets and the hardware kit did not fit 100%. I had to add a couple washers, leaves me to believe that it was a return that they had shipped out again. The customer service department offered to replace the gaskets so that was appreciated. The brackets that hold the velcro strips extend into into bed just far enough to where my atv no longer fits.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have an Extang 83426 Solid Fold 2.0. It only gives access to 2/3rd of the bed when folded, but is easy to remove by yourself if you need access to the full bed. It attaches directly to RAM bed rails so there is no loss of bed space. My only disappointment is the bed still gets wet during a heavy rain. I think it gets in at the gaps between the tailgate and bed sides. I'm not sure if it possible to completely seal the bed if you have Ramboxes.

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Yea I get water in mine too. At the same gaps you were talking about. I agree if u have rambox I dont think you can completely seal it watertight

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with the soft cover after having a hard cover on my tacoma. I have to say I'm a believer in the soft cover now. I don't get water in the bed like I did with the hard cover and I find it more usable.

As for the retractable cover... I have always wanted one of these for the looks but can't justify the cost.

Rrubyxsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I bought the Diamond Back HD cover. It will hold 1600 lbs on top. You can also get ramps and other accessories so you can park 2 ATV on top.

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
On my 1500 with rambox i had the agri cover. Still in the shed and for sale. On my 2500 rambox I got the bak revolver x4 because i wanted the matte finish. The gaps aren't great, rails are too long. Doesn't latch well. Working with support for a few weeks now. They sent me new rails. I'll try them later today. I'm hoping for the best.. but for almost 1k it should be pretty close to perfect.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bought my PW used from dealer and build sheet said hard tri fold tonneau cover but it was missing however the rails it slid one Appear to still be there.
I don’t know what kind of cover would come from the factory unless Mopar makes one?

TexasTJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
None
I'm looking at the Diamondback HD as well. Rear half and front half of cover folds up to allow bed access. Buddy with a Tundra just ordered one.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I bought my PW used from dealer and build sheet said hard tri fold tonneau cover but it was missing however the rails it slid one Appear to still be there.
I don’t know what kind of cover would come from the factory unless Mopar makes one?

RAM offers a Tri fold cover but it is a soft vinyl cover. I'm not sure who makes it for them.

Rrubyxsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I bought the HD Diamond back cover. Its built like a tank. The only problems were the mounting clamps. They tightened but I had to use a screw driver to pry the top clamp away from the bottom portion of the lower clamp to make it work.

20180627_133600.jpg

Fritzzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RAM offers a Tri fold cover but it is a soft vinyl cover. I'm not sure who makes it for them.

I asked for a cover as gift, here in Canada (Langley) they will give me the Trial FX soft fold cover

Yeehaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I am using Mopar's Roll-up Tonneau Cover. It installed quickly and is not too much trouble to roll up if you do not want the bed covered. I have no experience with other bed covers so you should probably factor that in. If you want pictures of the cover on my truck I'll post them later.

Mace Peveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am using Mopar's Roll-up Tonneau Cover. It installed quickly and is not too much trouble to roll up if you do not want the bed covered. I have no experience with other bed covers so you should probably factor that in. If you want pictures of the cover on my truck I'll post them later.

I just installed this one as well. I like the matte finish as opposed to the shiny vinyl. Got a smokin' deal on it as well for $435.00

Bed Cover.jpg