Bed Organization - Phase One

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by wink, Aug 8, 2017.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. wink

wink Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2017 1500 Sport RCSB
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Just got my ratcheting cargo bar and adjustable organizer.

Got a Sunferno bar. Very easy to ratchet and release. However I need longer arms to hold both sides in place until the ratcheting. A common problem with all of them I'd assume. But it claims to hold up to 220 lbs. Might get a subdivider for it as well. The picture shows a slight bow in the bar. It you crank it really tight it'll do that. But I'd rather the bar bend than deform my bed. I found you don't have to make it very tight at all and it holds just as well.

The organizer is a Rola. It's got rigid walls and three fully adjustable dividers that attach top and bottom with wide Velcro strips. Also folds flat when not in use. I got it because of the height. It'll slide right under the tonneau canister. Without the dividers in there. I got the 38", but they make a 25" as well. One of each would cover the entire bed width. But the plans for it are to be under the canister, and to hold jumper cables, tools, flashlight, tie downs, etc.. Stuff I don't need to access all the time. The picture shows it in grocery mode. I'm gonna buy another, or something else for that duty.

Both seem to be of good quality. Only time will tell if they'll hold up. But they were reasonably priced.

[​IMG]

wink

Power247 likes this.
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2017 SLT 4x4
    Engine:
    v6
    nice bro

wink likes this.
  3. trip1027

trip1027 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    your next step could be get a extend a bed thing and keep it folded in and that is a great cage to keep bags or soccer balls whatever in a area

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4. trip1027

trip1027 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    here a pic[​IMG]

5. wink

wink Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2017 1500 Sport RCSB
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I looked at those. Hell I think I've looked at everything in the past couple of months. That's really major overkill for what I want | need, but thanks for the suggestion! I'll likely get another Rola, and have extra dividers from this one.

BTW, In the pic I have the cargo bar in front of the Rola, but doubt it's needed. The organizer has a rubber bottom so it probably sticks to the bed floor, and definitely sticks to my spray on liner. I tried pushing it across the bed empty, and it wouldn't budge. It's also wide enough that I doubt it'll tip over, but haven't tested that with any tall objects. But I've got tie-downs and the bar if needed.

Speaking of the bar. I was just about to pull the trigger on the Heininger bar, but read some comments that made me rethink it. True or not I don't know, but several people said you had to kind of estimate the width before ratcheting because it has a wide swing with one ratchet cycle. The Sunferno doesn't have that problem because it moves one notch per ratchet cycle. Just pull it apart to the actual width, then ratchet it once or twice, and done. I must say this seems much easier.

wink

6. trip1027

trip1027 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    I know what you mean I got two of those that I bought from Lowe's I use to use them before I made my flatbed

7. DRkNESS

DRkNESS Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 with over 187,000 MILES
    Op do you have a link for that Sunferno bar as everytime I go to look it up, it comes up as a battery charger or Facebook automotive straps.

F.O.F

8. wink

wink Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2017 1500 Sport RCSB
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
  9. DRkNESS

DRkNESS Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 with over 187,000 MILES
    ^^^ Thank you very much for taking time out and posting that link for me.

10. wink

wink Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2017 1500 Sport RCSB
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    No prob!

wink