belltech lowering kit issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Titanium45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guys, i installed the belltech 2/4 drop. after dropping the truck i noticed that while under hard acceleration at highway speeds 75 mph to 100 mph the truck starts the get a nasty rocking and rolling feeling. is this because the truck didnt come with a rear sway bar? has anybody else had issues like this after installing a lowering kit? truck is a 2014 regular cab short bed.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a few things that need to be done in order to fix that problem...

1. install panhard bar relocating bracket
2. purchase an adjustable panhard bar
3. purchase hellwig rear sway bar

and a good set of drop shocks help too

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Adding a hellwig rear swaybar will help with this more than anything else. I would start there.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
This is a not uncommon issue with the BT kit. As others have already said, start with the hellwig sway bar and endlinks and make sure the panhard bar relocation bracket was installed. You may notice some residual shimmy in the back end and if it's still too much for you then you will need to install the Spohn adjustable control arms and adjustable panhard bar to correct the vertical pinion angle, line of thrust, lateral pinion angle, and set the panhard bar to neutral at ride height. There are several threads in the 4th gen lowering section that deal with this issue as it's been around for many years.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is a not uncommon issue with the BT kit. As others have already said, start with the hellwig sway bar and endlinks and make sure the panhard bar relocation bracket was installed. You may notice some residual shimmy in the back end and if it's still too much for you then you will need to install the Spohn adjustable control arms and adjustable panhard bar to correct the vertical pinion angle, line of thrust, lateral pinion angle, and set the panhard bar to neutral at ride height. There are several threads in the 4th gen lowering section that deal with this issue as it's been around for many years.

you da man again lol:favorites13:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
hey guys, i installed the belltech 2/4 drop. after dropping the truck i noticed that while under hard acceleration at highway speeds 75 mph to 100 mph the truck starts the get a nasty rocking and rolling feeling. is this because the truck didnt come with a rear sway bar? has anybody else had issues like this after installing a lowering kit? truck is a 2014 regular cab short bed.

Does your RC even have a rear sway bar, my 2011 didn't.

Moes, added front and rear Hellwig sway bars...fixed.

OP
OP
T

Titanium45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately my truck came with no sway bar from the factory. Guess I'll be investing in an aftermarket sway bar soon!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately my truck came with no sway bar from the factory. Guess I'll be investing in an aftermarket sway bar soon!

Highly recommend it, also if you want to upgrade the sway bar endlinks there are some out there that work... I'll have to dig up the links that DavidRam sent me of what works.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Highly recommend it, also if you want to upgrade the sway bar endlinks there are some out there that work... I'll have to dig up the links that DavidRam sent me of what works.

Those, or I used Hellwigs on mine, worked fine.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yup, liked them a lot.