Belltech Rear Sway Bar Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vytasb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Hi all! I am planning on installing my Belltech 5555 rear sway bar this weekend. I have been reading over the instructions a few times to familiarize myself with it. It implies that the end links should be perpendicular to the ground for optimal performance. Is this when the truck is jacked up? Or should I be doing this when it is on the ground?

Ram-Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should be tightening everything with the trucks weight on the wheels. Ramps would make it nice and easy.

OP
OP
V

Vytasb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
So, to clarify, install the self-tapping screws with the bracket on to the frame, with the end links perpendicular to the ground, when the truck is on the ground?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, to clarify, install the self-tapping screws with the bracket on to the frame, with the end links perpendicular to the ground, when the truck is on the ground?

This is correct.

Ram-Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly. Feel free to install everything loose with the truck lifted, but align it with it on the ground, and tighten all mounts/bushings with it on the ground.

OP
OP
V

Vytasb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Awesome! Thanks all! Hoping to get this installed tomorrow, along with some drilled and slotted rotors and an oil change.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You'll like this when it's done. Works even better with a bigger front sway bar.