Best deal on a dash cap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aeidian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Got a 01 Dodge Ram with a busted dash. Most of the pieces are still there. I've fished them out and hot glued them back together then sprayed them with liquid rubber. I think there's enough surface area to get a cap on there. I'm looking around for the best price, and so far it seems amazon has it for $155 with shipping in my color. Anyone else got a better deal?

russellle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Check your local JY

I lucked out and found an intact dash at my local JY. Removed it myself, and installed (after painting to closer match my interior) with the help of my 16 year old son.

Paid $11 for it. Well worth the effort! I know they are not easy to find, just have to keep your eyes open and keep looking. Then again, it is still the original plastic that cracked in the first place so I may be back again, if new cracks develop.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, that's good but to be honest, I wouldn't have spent the $11 on a factory dash when you consider how much effort it is to replace one of these things.