Best single sub box set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinewil81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just ordered the 10" vented fox box. It's on a little sale at the moment, I think like 15 bucks or something off. I think before I order a sub I'm gunna hook up a Orion I have at home (not my comp orions lol but some other ones I had in my camaro) see what it sounds like in the box

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Nice pick, the Fox Box does a pretty good job making any sub sound good. Kind of like how a Bose sub makes a $3 paper speaker from Indonesia sound good. Send us pics as you go, I often wonder what it would be like had I gone that route. Granted I love my FG box, it just ain't a work horse.

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice pick, the Fox Box does a pretty good job making any sub sound good. Kind of like how a Bose sub makes a $3 paper speaker from Indonesia sound good. Send us pics as you go, I often wonder what it would be like had I gone that route. Granted I love my FG box, it just ain't a work horse.

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

Will do man. i gotta say, i feel like i just bent over though lol shipping was 45 bucks!! but i checked amazon and they only had dual boxes or 12's, no 10's.. o well

BrandonM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, I didn't see your reply. I have a Sundown Audio 10-D4 and a PIONEER GM-D9601 amp.

I'm getting ready to order a pair of SA-12's and the FoxBox (2) 12" vented. Got a Wolfram 1500.1D to go with them :) They should be fine in that small of a box with a little polyfill added.

Been building car stereos for almost 15 years, but this will be my first truck build.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
I've passed this idea around a few times, but why not get another small section of your split bench, install it instead of the big section, and then do a custom sub box in the middle as a rear center console??

iHemiMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I just ordered my 10 inch ported driver side from fox. Seems to be a good product, I guess we will find out here soon enough.

2016 5.7L Ram 1500 QC

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am going to be upgrading my sound system here next and am going to be adding a sub, i know sealed box is best suited for me but what i dont know is what brand is quality for these storage area boxes.

IMPORTANT 1: I absolutely can not live without having ONE of my little cubbies under the seat open and accesable, i keep all my riding straps and tow rope and get me unstuck stuff in there so can not take up both cubbies.

2: i dont want some booming panel rattling bass lol i listen to 90% death metal and just want the sub to fill in those drum blast beats and thats pretty much it.

3: i cant spend 1,000 on the jl audio box.

so what do you guys recommend for boxes? thanks in advance :favorites13:

You had me at death metal. Full sized Rockford P3 12, box is 1.106 ft3. No seat mod necessary. If you want your space under the 60 side like a do I can cast this and send it your way. Fiberglass drying right now. $75 in material and some elbow grease. Not hard AND, I've never built a box that wasn't straight out of the manual. But I thoroughly tested in multiple ways that with no mods my p3 will operate **** in this. Thank you Rockford customer service for verifying my concept, and intellectual property. Now, I wonder what company will buy the rights for the most as I have solved to most obvious problem with every retailer's problem, they dont use any of the space under the seat. Common sense really is a rare thing anymore

20200303_231641.jpg

20200303_231621.jpg

20200303_231607.jpg

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Has anybody cut a dual box in half to use a single sub? I have an empty mtx dual 10"box and also have a loaded dual 10"box with some Memphis Audio subs. I would love to cut one in half and keep the large under seat cubby for storage.
Anybody ever done this. Would also love to keep the fold flat floor setup.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Last edited: