Big Three?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinaexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok i want to do the big three upgrade does any body have pictures of how they did there big three upgrade from (2010 and up dodge ram ) i now all the step but my question is what do you do with stock wires?

namccanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I did the BIG 3 in my 07 and just removed the factory wiring and replaced it with Stinger power and ground wires. I used the factory routes to run the new wire. After talking to my buddy that owns a stereo shop he said that the typical factory wire creates a draw that robs ur aftermarket goodies of the power they truly want and deserve. Keeping it, he said, kinda makes doing the upgrade pointless! (The extra flow u will get from the premium wire will b killed by the draw of the factory wire).

I have pics of the install on the 07 but I have no clue how to upload them..... :think:

OP
OP
P

Pinaexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the BIG 3 in my 07 and just removed the factory wiring and replaced it with Stinger power and ground wires. I used the factory routes to run the new wire. After talking to my buddy that owns a stereo shop he said that the typical factory wire creates a draw that robs ur aftermarket goodies of the power they truly want and deserve. Keeping it, he said, kinda makes doing the upgrade pointless! (The extra flow u will get from the premium wire will b killed by the draw of the factory wire).

I have pics of the install on the 07 but I have no clue how to upload them..... :think:

Do you think you can send me the photos to [email protected]

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1) alternator positive to battery positive, 2) battery negative to chassis, and 3) engine ground to chassis. which is upgrading to a larger guage wire to carry current better.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It doesn't have to be brand name, fancy-pants wire either. Just good quality 100% copper wire which is well terminated. I used welding cable from an industrial supply store, crimped and soldered with massive, heat-shrunk copper lugs.

namccanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It doesn't have to be brand name, fancy-pants wire either. Just good quality 100% copper wire which is well terminated. I used welding cable from an industrial supply store, crimped and soldered with massive, heat-shrunk copper lugs.

You are absolutely right. It doesn't have to be fancy wire....Stinger, Monster Cable, etc. BUT it can't be junk wire either.... household extension cord, the stiff $2/ft 2ga. wire from Advance Auto, etc.

The purpose of doing the Big 3 upgrade to get better flow between these connection points..... therefore you want to use a wire that is designed for high flow..... Stinger, Monster Cable, Welding lead, etc. Most high flow wire is going to contain thinner strands of wire, but contain more of them. This allows for better current flow and flexibility.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are absolutely right. It doesn't have to be fancy wire....Stinger, Monster Cable, etc. BUT it can't be junk wire either.... household extension cord, the stiff $2/ft 2ga. wire from Advance Auto, etc.

The purpose of doing the Big 3 upgrade to get better flow between these connection points..... therefore you want to use a wire that is designed for high flow..... Stinger, Monster Cable, Welding lead, etc. Most high flow wire is going to contain thinner strands of wire, but contain more of them. This allows for better current flow and flexibility.

You're absolutely right and I skipped over that on the assumption we would all use quality, OFC. Mine was 1/0- I've never seen lampcord that big haha

S

scotts2012ram

O trust me people try ive seen. 1000w 10ga. Amp kits alone with the most seen 3 prong ext. cord wire on 2000w amps