bilstein shock help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Me and Duane have been trying to find out the information on the 5100 bilstein shocks.
basically i will be taking out the front spacer out and lowing the rear 2inches. been trying to find out if the 5100s are the right shock height for the rears.
if they are not then ill probably have to get miss matched shocks which i really dont want to do.

any information would be appreciated!

thanks
Nick

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I think you can use those shocks even if it's lowered 2" in the back, anything more than that and you need lowering shocks. But I guess you might just have to go out on a whim and try them and if they dont work you could always resell them

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I think you can use those shocks even if it's lowered 2" in the back, anything more than that and you need lowering shocks. But I guess you might just have to go out on a whim and try them and if they dont work you could always resell them

I might try that. Im just is a weird spot cause im only lowering the rear. And without lowering the front im sure if they dont work im gonna have to miss match the shocks... And i really dont want to do that...

But i really need to redo my front end. Everything is gonna get replaced now. Im hearing too much noise in the front end. And $20 says its because i went off roading... Never again. Not in my truck. Shes gonna be a street queen from now on.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
lol i hear that! when i had my 2nd gen i took it mudding, worst idea ever. I ruined everything in the front end

LWP427

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 R/T
Engine
Shocks

Bilstien is located in SanDiego California and their engineering department is very helpful in getting the right length shock..............Larry

Last edited: