black series step bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anyone one have experience with black series step bars? are the a quality product? I'm looking at them cause they sit close to the body so hopefully won't trap slush as bad as the traditional style bars. is this the case? and do the work with mud flaps (no fitment issues). $400 cdn is the best I found so just trying get to get real world info before pulling trigger on them.

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 141

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
No experience with those particular steps. I went with Westin HDX Extreme on my new 2016 Laramie. Like you, I wanted something that fit up close but I did not want the removable grip plates on the steps as on most of those style steps the holes don't go all the way through so there's a mud trap--you have to remove the step covers to clean it out. The steps you are showing are similar to the Westin HDX Drop Steps, where I first noticed the hole issue.
Westin Automotive - HDX Drop Step <span style="color:#F12E2E"><strong><font size="+1">NEW!</font></strong>

The HDX Extreme steps are shown here:
Westin Automotive - HDX Xtreme Boards<span style="color:#F12E2E"><strong><font size="+1">NEW!</font></strong>

Which reminds me, I need to post up a picture of my new truck--that would be the best way to show the steps!
Best,
DG

PS: No vested interest, just a satisfied customer!