Blacked out emblems, Or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My magnaflow kit came with black 4" tips, im happy with them. Plus there is no way in hell i would pay $230 for moes 5" tips. Insanity

Been thinking of getting magnaflows do they sound better than say flow master? I had magnaflows on my old mustang years ago and loved it.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been thinking of getting magnaflows do they sound better than say flow master? I had magnaflows on my old mustang years ago and loved it.
I had 2 chamber flowmasters on my mustang as well, loved them. Guy that built my motor said the magnaflow design flows better with twin turbos, so i ended up installing a magnaflow kit. Couldnt really determine a difference because of the turbos quieting the exhaust.
On my ram, I am very happy with my 14" magnaflow. Zero pop when you let off the throttle, just a nice clean sound. Not crazy loud, but just right. I also removed my resonator.

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I had 2 chamber flowmasters on my mustang as well, loved them. Guy that built my motor said the magnaflow design flows better with twin turbos, so i ended up installing a magnaflow kit. Couldnt really determine a difference because of the turbos quieting the exhaust.
On my ram, I am very happy with my 14" magnaflow. Zero pop when you let off the throttle, just a nice clean sound. Not crazy loud, but just right. I also removed my resonator.

Thank you exactly what I wanted to hear. Don't like overly loud myself as well. Thank you

Sal2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Blacked out is not for me, IMO it looks cheap.
Just like all the flat black stuff, back when I was young and our cars were all rusty. The temp cure was to scuff them up and rattle can them with black primer. When it broke thru again, you could just touch it up with more rattle can. Only tells me you can't afford a niece paint job. ;)

IMG_1783.JPG

lobo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 c.i.
Blacked out changes the whole appearance of the truck for the better! Looks great !

jmlopez1969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a fan of the blacked out look! My blacked out 18 Ram had a silver antenna and I took plastidip to hit. The silver antenna was driving me crazy.

yortnodnarb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah chrome everything doesn't look cheap or tacky at all, lol. :) All this truck is missing is a chrome bug deflector and the little chrome door edge protectors, you could add some chrome door ding guards as well to really complete the look.

CHROME.jpg

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny how I can get an installer to install illegal tint on my front doors but they refused to run a strip along the top of my front windshield because it’s illegal...

The windshield eyebrow is illegal? Hmm.
Yeah that is funny that he’ll put illegal tint in your windows but won’t do that.

The guy that did my tint said that he’d put 5% on if I wanted it. I said to just do what’s legal. By the way tho, he did make my windshield strip a little on the illegal side because it drops below that tsa-mark or whatever it is. I told him not to bu that’s just where it ended up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
The windshield eyebrow is illegal? Hmm.
Yeah that is fully that he’ll put illegal tint in your windows but won’t do that.

The guy that did my tint said that he’d put 5% on if I wanted it. I said to just do what’s legal. By the way tho, he did make my windshield strip a little on the illegal side because it drops below that tsa-mark or whatever it is. I told him not to bu that’s just where it ended up.

Yeah, I thought it was dumb too.. Especially given the fact that he only takes cash for illegal tint, won't write you a receipt, and still doesn't put the strip on top of the windshield, go figure... Anyways, he did explain the strip would definitely get me a ticket in VA. I got a warning once for my 20% front doors but that was it. He's got more experience with the law regarding tint so who am I to argue right? lol

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I thought it was dumb too.. Especially given the fact that he only takes cash for illegal tint, won't write you a receipt, and still doesn't put the strip on top of the windshield, go figure... Anyways, he did explain the strip would definitely get me a ticket in VA. I got a warning once for my 20% front doors but that was it. He's got more experience with the law regarding tint so who am I to argue right? lol

Still don’t make sense about the law against the windshield strip.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Virginia is very strict on tint but I guess it varies by locality. I got my fronts done to the legal limit which is not very much.

The windshield is the A1 line. It's funny, my windshield didn't have anything clearly showing but the guy just put it about where he thought it was.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Virginia is very strict on tint but I guess it varies by locality. I got my fronts done to the legal limit which is not very much.
Dang I guess. Lol.

The windshield is the A1 line. It's funny, my windshield didn't have anything clearly showing but the guy just put it about where he thought it was.

On mine it was over on the passenger side.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So many chrome haters on this forum--I like to polish mine up and blind everyone with mine!!!