Blacked out emblems, Or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yortnodnarb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if it's true "hate" of chrome or the frustration of being told by somebody that doesn't like the non-chrome look that it looks cheap and unoriginal. As if chromed out trucks, cars, semi's and bikes haven't been beaten to death since the '60s.

Either application can be done well and either application can be overdone and tacky looking. To each his own.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some trucks look good with chrome bumpers, my black truck...is not one of them. They chrome bumpers and grille bothered me since the first day I bought the truck.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just did part of the finishing touches. Next is third brake light

fecc0f6b2d55fd46cd9336764f7c4557.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will look great with a clear lense, black housing. Remember to pick up some rubber door edge guard wirh 3m tape on one side, and run it around the back side of the light where it meets the cab. They are known to leak and let water in. I also suggest painting your tail pipes with high temp paint to complete the blacked out look.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if it's true "hate" of chrome or the frustration of being told by somebody that doesn't like the non-chrome look that it looks cheap and unoriginal. As if chromed out trucks, cars, semi's and bikes haven't been beaten to death since the '60s.

Either application can be done well and either application can be overdone and tacky looking. To each his own.

I don’t think he was being serious but who said the blacked out or non-chromed look was cheap, tacky or unoriginal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yortnodnarb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t think he was being serious but who said the blacked out or non-chromed look was cheap, tacky or unoriginal?

Nobody in particular but I've heard it before. It's typically from guys who grew up in the muscle car era where everything was chrome. There's nothing wrong with chrome or the guys who love it, but "they" need to understand it's not for everybody.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nobody in particular but I've heard it before. It's typically from guys who grew up in the muscle car era where everything was chrome. There's nothing wrong with chrome or the guys who love it, but "they" need to understand it's not for everybody.

Well first and foremost, “they” don’t need to do anything. I wouldn’t care at all what “they” understand or don’t understand.

Take my truck for example. It might be a little bit overkill on the front now with that chrome bug shield considering the grill is chrome, bumper’s chrome, and I have a stainless license plate frame that surrounds pretty much an entirely chrome decorative license plate. But ya know, I don’t care towards those who dislike it. I like it, and I think it’s badass, and that’s all that matters.

MDRAKE1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've thought hard about.... no elblem and or blackout. But dodges chrome 20s look too good. If i did blackout I would run white wall tires. Lol