Blower Motor Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsinclair92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
I noticed my blower motor started roaring, for lack of a better word, yesterday. The airflow through the vents was restricted. I took the blower motor out and inspected it and it looked okay, it did have a stray screw laying in the fan but other than that it looked good. So I plugged it up and turned it on, and it moved air very well. It seemed a little loud but I'm not sure if that's where the problem is coming from. There was no give in the fan or anything.

I've noticed lately that when I close either door I hear something rolling around inside the dash on the passengers side. It almost sounds like a loose flashlight in your door if you slam it. I have a feeling that whatever is loose in there is restricting airflow. Please tell me there is a shortcut to finding whatever this thing is without tearing apart the dash lol

Terry Strobel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
My 01 Dodge Ram is doing the same thing as you mentioned and when I took the blower motor out I found a screw laying loose in the fan cage, what is wrong and how did you fix it? Thanks, Terry

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Without a borescope its hard to see into the vents. Nothing I really know of that will roll around like that. I'd pull the blower motor out and stick your hand in the hole and feel around. You might find something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956