Blower motor squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdavidboyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If anyone tries to disassemble the blower motor unit, please post what you find. I'm sure that there are a few members here that would really like to know how to go about it. My former truck, a 2011 Laramie was just starting to squeak when it got cold, but I traded up.

image.jpg

image.jpg

So under a sticker (literally) is the fan shaft. A few drops of oil and squeak is gone!

ChevySlayer69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
View attachment 131330

View attachment 131331

So under a sticker (literally) is the fan shaft. A few drops of oil and squeak is gone!

Noticed my blower motor chirping now that we have temps well below freezing. I too removed the sticker and dripped in synthetic motor oil and spun it by hand then repeated a few times. Reinstalled and the chirp is gone!

New to Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummings
I know this is blower squeaking forum but has anyone dealt with a blower that has a clicking sound?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I know this is blower squeaking forum but has anyone dealt with a blower that has a clicking sound?
It might have some debris like a leaf that got in. You can remove it to inspect for debris inside.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

dwhutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Years ago my son's Cavalier was doing that, had a mouse stuck in the fan.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Back before the 2017 Rams came out, maybe it was the 2016.5 Rams
Our Rams did not come with a cabin air filter
The place for the door had to be cut out before we could insert the filter itself.
When that cutting & final trimming was done, if you did not clean out the squirrel cage, you would hear noises, etc.

Toolman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
my '17 chirped, wish I would have read this before trading it in!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did anyone try and spray white lithium grease into the shafts? I am about done with hearing mine make noise. I don't want to replace it if I don't absolutely have to.