Blowing Brake Light Fuses PLEASE help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84D100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep blowing fuses for my brake lights. What all runs off that fuse besides the brake lights and the interior cab light?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
horn and interior lights are on the same fuse. nothing else. may want to inspect your tail light grounds.

OP
OP

84D100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have a horn switch or a horn anymore havnt in a very long time and it never did this so I know that's not it
One time when it blew it made my headlight switch arc. Another time it arced at my fuse box and went. Some times it doesnt arc anywhere I can hear or see but the fuse blows. Earlier I went to put a fuse in and it arced pretty bad like something was drawing power but the interior light was off and brake lights were too.

OP
OP

84D100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well found and fixed my brake light short. Was the two wires that lay on the floor of the cab and go rearward. They had a bad spot where my foot has sat on it. That's why sometimes it would short and sometimes it wouldn't.