Body Lift Question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Leadfoot, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    318ci
    I have just installed new springs and shocks in my 87 d150 and have it pretty well leveled. My question is what are people doing for a body lift? Hockey pucks? Or is there a company that makes different sized lifts?

2. crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie Senior Member

Ram Year:
    81 93
    Engine:
    i am pretty sure there is companies that sell proper body lift kits with new hardware and everything. just before you go sticking a body lift in you might want to check your cab mounts to make sure it will support doing a body lift. front cab supports on these trucks tend to rust out

3. AshC

AshC Senior Member

Ram Year:
    1984 & 2009
    Engine:
    318, 5.7L Hemi
    I have a 84 D150 and as far as I have found, they do not make kits for a body or suspension lift for these anymore. I've tried both of the major 4x4 places in town. Getting it for the W150 is do able, but they don't fit the D150 (2 WD).

So what we did to lift up my 84 is put 3/4 ton springs on the rear which jacked it up considerably, and then a 3" leveling kit (that I'm still waiting to install) that should even it out. From what I can tell on the back, it makes my 31's fit without rubbing or needing spacers. We'll see what it does on the front. My truck is 250 miles away so getting hte time and gas money to go screw with it has been trying lately.

The 4x place here in town suggested we look at other lift kits not specifically for the D150 and try to match something up to fit.

Good luck though, if you find something, please let me know, as I've come up blank with a body or suspension kit completely.

4. crazzywolfie

Ram Year:
    81 93
    Engine:
  5. AshC

AshC Senior Member

Ram Year:
    1984 & 2009
    Engine:
    318, 5.7L Hemi
    See that's what I thought too, but a few phone calls to 4x4 places here in TX and everyone agrees that it won't fit from a D150 to W150 - no explanation why though. The major 4WD place here in town gave up on mine already and they have a lot of odd lifted things, lol.
    I haven't given up completely, but I think finding an actual kit might be out of reach.
    O"reilly auto parts says they have one, but when you call to inquire about it, not only do they not carry it, which I expected, but cannot order it either. Or so I was told by 3 different stores.

List: Body/Suspension Lift Kit - 1987 Dodge D150 Pickup RWD | O'Reilly Auto Parts

6. crazzywolfie

Ram Year:
    81 93
    Engine:
  7. Shaunm59

Shaunm59 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 of make her wet liters
    The proper answer for all body lift questions is no, don't do it. Waste of time and money.

8. Leadfoot

Leadfoot Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    318ci
    What makes you say that?

9. Slamminwagon

Slamminwagon Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.9L
    ok sorry to re open this thread but i want to lift my d100 to fit 33s currently i have 31x12.50x15 federals on 5x5.5 turbines with beefy tread without rubbing and i lowered her 2 inches. i can get 33s for cheap what is not going to work with the body lift cause im ready to buy it and test it out! let me know