Body panel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemitorino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hello! I'm new here and it's my first post. I have a 93 d250 cummins and a 74 d100. The d250's not much to look at but it runs and drives great. The 75 don't run but the body is in great shape. So here is my plan, I want to swap grill, fenders, hood, doors, and bed off of the 74 onto the newer truck. Has anyone else done that? How involved is it to do that? I love the older body style better and I think it would be cool! Thanks

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
You can DO it, but it might be easier just to do the WHOLE body swap, over to the '93 frame. Replace all your body bushings while you're at it, and do any bodywork while you're at it.

The hardest thing will be, deciding on which dash you want, and either making it fit, or refitting the old dash with guages that'll actually work with the newer '93's harness.

OP
OP
H

Hemitorino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks for the reply. The interior in the old truck is pretty wore out. Even when you touch what's left of the dash it turns to dust. The newer truck has a pretty decent interior. And I wanted to do as little wiring as possible