boss air suspension (load assist)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

millwrightguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I was originally going to go with the load lifter 5000 for air bag set up but after hours of searching around the net i found the boss load assists. There also rated for up to 5000 pounds, installation is much simpler and was about hundred bucks cheaper. Im very happy with my kit.

braindead0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hugenormous
Why not air lift 1000, 1/3rd the price? This in a 3500? I can't see how anyone would need 5000# of air assist.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Why not air lift 1000, 1/3rd the price? This in a 3500? I can't see how anyone would need 5000# of air assist.
Honestly the airlift is fine until you pit a trailer with heavier than a 500 lb tongue weight on. I put a 900lb tongue trailer on with my airlift 1000 maxed and it still squatted 3". They did prevent 2" of further squat (I did a before and after test) but honestly still squatting 3" is garbage. Especially since they're supposed to "level" 1000 lbs.

If I could do it over I'd have bought airlift 5000 in a heart beat

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
they sell them in the US? Looks like an Aussie product

OP
OP
M

millwrightguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I will post pictures when I get home from golf thing I didn't like the idea of the 1000s they sit inside the coil and I've heard a lot of people having troubles with that I bought these in Canada from a distributor they were here shipped in 3 days. This is on my ram 1500 sport

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
would like more info on the install. did you run individual lines or a tee? can you add a compressor? what the min/max psi for these?

OP
OP
M

millwrightguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
The kit comes with two schrader valves so i ran two separate lines. Min and max is between 0-100 psi. But there all tested at 400 psi i believe. And just as with any air bag setup you can run them with a compressor, i haven't yet. I put 10 psi into my bags just to check for leaks and it raised the back end of my truck up an inch and a half. Im going to take it down to 3 psi till i need my camper. Install is very easy, gotta remove bolt for the one stabilizer bar on driver side to be able to slide in flat bar in behind it. I highly recommend it.

Kdm2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will post pictures when I get home from golf thing I didn't like the idea of the 1000s they sit inside the coil and I've heard a lot of people having troubles with that I bought these in Canada from a distributor they were here shipped in 3 days. This is on my ram 1500 sport

I'm from Calgary area and looking for something for my new 1500. Where'd you buy these?

OP
OP
M

millwrightguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Hey go to airsuspension.ca paid 350 and was here in 2 days

Billyboy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate bringing up old posts but has anybody here had problems installing the bag on the passenger side? It does not align well with the top bump stop housing...and it sits crooked.

I'm afraid if I leave like that too long it will get damaged..
2012 Ram 1500
Hopefully someone can help me
Thanks

Billyboy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Left air bag is straight but the right one looks like this

IMG_0171.jpg

Kdm2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Billyboy

I tried to straighten the bag as much as I could by adjusting the top three bolts so they were offset a bit, but i don't think I ever got the bag perfectly straight. It's been 1-½ years and 35000km without any issues. I'd also have preferred to get it perfectly straight, but it hasn't affected anything yet.

Very happy with these bags. Truck is easy to level with heavy loads and bags have held up well so far through one winter and lots of gravel roads.

Billyboy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Billyboy

I tried to straighten the bag as much as I could by adjusting the top three bolts so they were offset a bit, but i don't think I ever got the bag perfectly straight. It's been 1-½ years and 35000km without any issues. I'd also have preferred to get it perfectly straight, but it hasn't affected anything yet.

Very happy with these bags. Truck is easy to level with heavy loads and bags have held up well so far through one winter and lots of gravel roads.

That's a relief to know someone has got the same issue. I've been racking my brain all day yesterday.

I did the same thing,thighten the top bolts off-centered to make it straighter...I also tried to use the left holes on the bottom plate to bring it closer to the spring but it would have rubbed for sure.

Did you ues the 2 right holes in the bottom plate as well? As per instructions..

Regards

Billyboy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you running any air in them?

I'm running 6psi at the moment. I have also decided to modify the bottom plate on the kit, I'll be drilling 2 extra holes in between the ones that are there already. Which will bring the bottom air bag a little closer to the spring and make it straighter.
It will put my mind more at ease

But you can also run them without any air also, which is why I decided to go with these in the first place