Brake Bleeding Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmracer01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 2004 5.7L 4WD.

I recently heard my DS CV shaft rattling and clicking, so I decided to Remove it and replace it. While I was replacing the CV my truck was low enough that I had the caliper resting on a 4X4 to keep tension off of the brake line.
Long story short, I jacked up my truck and it left my caliper suspended for approx. 2 seconds before it fell to the ground.

Apparently, the rubber boot had trapped enough salt and road debris that the metal clamp around the rubber line had corroded so severely that it was going to let go at any moment.

I had a brake line made/ repaired on the original metal sections, and slapped it in there and attempted to bleed the brakes. Nothing. I had my sister come out to help me and this is where I suspect most of my problems began. In an attempt to bleed additional air out of the junctions I had her assist in pressing the brake pedal and pushing fluid through the lines. She let up and I suspect that she may have sucked air in to the ABS motor.

Now whenever I attempt to build up pressure on the lines, the pedal gets one solid pump and the next pump has little to ZERO pressure. Is this common?

I fought for almost 3 hours trying to bleed my brakes at one caliper and never managed to get the caliper to start compressing. Do I need to hook it up to a computer to cycle air out of the ABS motor? Has anyone ever experienced this kind of brake bleeding problem?

OP
OP
K

ktmracer01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do I need to take it to the stealership to have them cycle the ABS solenoid?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Bumping it for ya because I have never personally had this issue.