Brake Controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joseph antoine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I purchased a 2018 ram 3500 and the brake controller problem is not fixed put in after market controller and the trailer stops I taking all this info to the senator let's see if he waste my time.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does this issue only seem to affect the 3500 trucks? I just put a factory brake in my 1500 last week but it came from a 2500. I haven’t been able to test it as of yet

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
When I was towing my fifth wheel that weighed about 12k, equipped with 6K axles.. the stock IBC worked ok, but not great. Now I have a 15.5k heartland landmark fifth wheel, with 8K axles with much bigger brakes, the stock IBC is not doing hardly anything, even when maxed out on heavy electric. Took the brakes on the RV apart and verified every components, and wiring..adjusted and re-assembled still is terrible, with the RAM IBC.

Installed a tekonsha P3 controller and wont ever look back. Holy crap what a difference.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
This thread is very interesting. I just bought a 2017 2500 that has the IBC but have not had a chance to tow my TT yet. I still have the Tekonsha brake controller from my '97 1500. Will I be able to use it if the IBC doesn't' work as it should?

tkinor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As a newbie here I read the entire thread and couldn't believe that Ram don't give a crap. My 2017 3500 has the same problem. Took it in to my dealer today and they hooked it up to a tandem axle flatbed trailer that they had in their yard. Heavy electric, gain at 10 and it was putting out 63%, but according to them everything was fine. Told the guys that is the answer that I expected to get, and that was the reason that my P3 was already wired up and working fine. The tech that worked on it was really surprised at the number, and never heard of this problem, but did agree that 63% worked fine on their little test trailer, but would not feel comfortable pulling my 36 foot Montana. He gave me his personal email address and I sent him a link to this thread. Sure nothing will come of it, but I had to try.

Mr P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have a code or number for the ITBM/ABS upgrades. I'm getting the runaround from the dealer. They say the truck is updated. I don't think they know about the updates for the heavy trailer braking problems.