Brake Pads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I recently replaced my front brakes with O'reilly middle grade pads... well they are already squeakin when I hit the brakes often and I hate it and it's embarassing. What is a good brand to go with.... without spending a ton?

EBC?

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
you can try some anti squeaking stuff. ive always liked the ProStop. ive never had a problem with those. and they are on all 3 of our cars. also, have you broken them in yet? maybe its just the top layer that is squeaking.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That's what I thought too but its been a couple months now and it still does it... what about that stuff they try to sell with the pads, that lithium grease?

Sent from my Android.

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I got some from napa the No Squeak brake pads and they work awesome. I already put 1000 miles on them in the last 6 weeks and not a sound

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I've got the same pads as you,in ceramic, on the front of mine and haven't had any noise.
Did you have the rotors turned when you swapped the pads out?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
did you put on new rotors?

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
HEY ITS NOT THE PADS TRUST ME!

Squeaking can come from a lot of different things. First you should try using some EBC Brake Quiet or another brand of rubber brake dampener.

The pads squeak when you apply the pressure as they move around when slowing down they squeak. Its not the side that slows you down, its the back side of the brake pad that creates the squeak.

Brakes are one of those things that you have so many parts and so many things to do, rototrs, pads, calipers, bleeding the lines, making sure you install new copper washer, lube the guide pins etc.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No, I didnt get the rotors turned or replace them, so I just need some lubricant/rotors turned?

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just did my rear pads and put lube on all moving parts on the caliper and back of pads. Went with Wagner ceramic pads. And replaced rotors while I was back there.... Next will be the fronts... Pads, rotors, and passenger side hub. (its making a noise)

Droid incredible 2 on the move!

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Alright thanks guys :D hopefully this works it's pretty embarassing lol