Brake squealing on a brand new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dark Knight 500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
New to the forum. Just purchased my first ram 11 months ago, and absolutely love it!! It’s a 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie. My only issue is it now has 19,000km (11,800miles) and the brakes have started squealing approximately 2000km ago. Thing is, the last brake inspection was 9,000km ago and the pads were like new. Any idea what could be causing my embarrassment?!
Truck sees mostly highway miles and hardly any stop and go traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to the forum. Just purchased my first ram 11 months ago, and absolutely love it!! It’s a 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie. My only issue is it now has 19,000km (11,800miles) and the brakes have started squealing approximately 2000km ago. Thing is, the last brake inspection was 9,000km ago and the pads were like new. Any idea what could be causing my embarrassment?!
Truck sees mostly highway miles and hardly any stop and go traffic.

What part of the country are in you? Are your brakes dirty? I know when it gets super windy the dust kicks up in Phoenix and causes all kinds of issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dark Knight 500

Dark Knight 500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What part of the country are in you? Are your brakes dirty? I know when it gets super windy the dust kicks up in Phoenix and causes all kinds of issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That’s what I’m thinking the problem is, I live straight north of you in Alberta, Canada and drive a lot of back roads. I even tried some hard braking to try and clean the pads.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
They could possibly be glazed over from excessive dust. Just me thinking out loud. When you replace the pads, use ceramic/metallic pads, usually very quiet for the life of the pad.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Two things might help:

1. Some copper grease or pad grease on the back of the pads.

2. Bed your pads to the rotors.

The grease material info and how to bed your pads are described in more detail on the interwebs. Just google the info.