Brand spanking new Ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reb4wd99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Got my very first diesel that I have ever owned in my life and looking for a little advice. I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee where i have to do emissions testing every year. I was wondering if you diesel gooroos out here knew of any mods, upgrades, or tweaks that I may be able to do to that beast of a cummings to help it breath better for more power and fuel economy (not the main focus here but a plus)? Got any recommendations for a tuner as well? Any help and input would be appreciated. Thanks

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Assuming that by brand spankin new you mean a 2014 then your tuning options are limited.

MPGs will start to climb as you put on the miles. Mine MPGs are still climbing and I am at 19k as of last weekend.

The factory airbox does a great job at letting cool air in so a CAI only adds a little turbo noise but not much by way of performance. A DPF back exhaust/muffler replacement is also mostly for looks. The exhaust emissions system does all the muffling and since there are no delete tuners available for the new RAM SCR system deleting is not an option.

There are a few non-delete tuners available... Bully Dog and Edge both have tuners out and seem to get the good reviews but you just don't see that many guys online running tuners on the '13+ trucks yet. Most are waiting to see if a delete capable tuner comes out since adding any tuner to the newer trucks is traceable and subject to voiding drivetrain warranty (depending on the dealership).

OP
OP
R

reb4wd99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Yes i bought a 2014 2500. I love it. It is already getting around 16ish city and upwards of 20-21 hwy. But i just figured i would ask if there was anything I could do to it performance wise but still be able to pass emissions. I hope they do come out with some tuners for it because I would like to adjust the tire presure threshold on the rear tires as well. Tried to get it adjusted at the dealer and they cant do it anymore on new trucks, which sucks because I have tires that call for 65lbs, not 80. Hopefully some good stuff will be coming out soon. Thanks for the reply.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Congrats on the new truck. Power247 summed it up pretty well.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
who else hates when people think its "cummings"? ITS CUMMINS!

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yes i bought a 2014 2500. I love it. It is already getting around 16ish city and upwards of 20-21 hwy. But i just figured i would ask if there was anything I could do to it performance wise but still be able to pass emissions. I hope they do come out with some tuners for it because I would like to adjust the tire presure threshold on the rear tires as well. Tried to get it adjusted at the dealer and they cant do it anymore on new trucks, which sucks because I have tires that call for 65lbs, not 80. Hopefully some good stuff will be coming out soon. Thanks for the reply.

Congrats on your new truck. Have you hand calculated the mpg?
My truck was showing me 20.2ish mpg going 75mph on the highway. Once hand calculated it was really 18. Which I find weird. 2mpg is a lot to be off by!

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on your new truck. Have you hand calculated the mpg?
My truck was showing me 20.2ish mpg going 75mph on the highway. Once hand calculated it was really 18. Which I find weird. 2mpg is a lot to be off by!

my 5.7 1500 is the same way...ticks me off

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
congrats on the new cummins. My 3500 is getting around 23mpg highway hand calculated. what did you buy SLT, Laramie, Longhorn??? Enjoy the truck. oh yeah pics please

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
congrats on the new cummins. My 3500 is getting around 23mpg highway hand calculated. what did you buy SLT, Laramie, Longhorn??? Enjoy the truck. oh yeah pics please

23MPG!?
At what speed, 50mph?