brandonjansen - 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

megactdman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 turbo diesel
intake horn?

Hi Brandon Awesome build Just curious, did you consider a new intake horn, charge hose update?

OP
OP
brandonjansen

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Hi Brandon Awesome build Just curious, did you consider a new intake horn, charge hose update?

Thanks megactdman! I have thought about swapping out the intake horn and doing a grid heater relocate while I'm at it. Those parts are on my list they just aren't something I've got around to yet. I don't see them is a super critical item for what I need out of the truck so I haven't bothered with them yet.

OP
OP
brandonjansen

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BD Diesel Sponsorship - 2016-11-25

I'm stoked to announce that I've been sponsored by BD Diesel Performance on the 2017 BD Race Team as a show truck.

Back in September a few buddies and I entered our trucks in the show and shine at BD Diesel's fall dyno day here in town. Needless to say it was probably the nicest line up of trucks that have ever been in their show and shine so we got some good attention. The president of BD end up coming out to talk to us all and loved our builds and personally asked us to apply for the 2017 team.

1F331F63-0309-4656-AF1F-40549F0F1BB6_zpsrctrmxqn.jpg

I'm definitely excited to be backed by such a big name in the diesel industry and rep their products both online and in shows. Great having them right in my hometown as well as it makes it very easy to work with them on promo stuff and on getting products. This definitely opens up some new doors for the build this year. I think it's going to be time for some go fast parts.
One item BD just released at SEMA that I'm very interesed in is their HE351VE Screamer turbo. It's a VGT that retains the factory exhaust brake function but with an upgrade compressor wheel, turbine, and actuator system. They've stated that with supporting mods it can produce up to 690 whp. Along with that I may install a new exhaust manifold, intake horn, and grid heater relocate to really get the air flowing.

C0174944-51F0-48E8-9CC4-1611ABD97E03_zpsxltiv7nx.jpg

I still have to finalize a few details with BD about the deal but once that happens I'll have a better idea of exactly what I'll do build wise this year.

If you're interested in the turbo check out - https://www.dieselperformance.com/s...1-exchange-turbo-dodge-2007-5-2016-6-7l-18213. Or for anything else they sell check out their website at - https://www.dieselperformance.com/page/homepage.​

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Brandon , that is fantastic news Sir !
Can't wait to see what you do now !

SRR Racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Brandon, your truck is awesome. Something to be proud of for sure. Could you tell me where you got the drop hitch from, or if you just made it yourself? I've tried to see if I missed it any of the posts, but haven't seen anything.

OP
OP
brandonjansen

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Brandon, your truck is awesome. Something to be proud of for sure. Could you tell me where you got the drop hitch from, or if you just made it yourself? I've tried to see if I missed it any of the posts, but haven't seen anything.

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it!

I ordered it from Summit Racing. It's a Curt 17125 adjustable drop shank. Etrailer sells them as well. It comes as just the shank itself but any WD setup will bolt up to it. Then for a 2" ball I modified a ball mount that I had from a different adjustable drop hitch to match the bolt spacing of this drop shank and allow me to bolt it right up. That way I can easily swap back between a 2" and 2 5/16" ball when needed.

SRR Racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That's great info. Thanks a lot man.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
brandonjansen

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tail Light Upgrade - 2017-1-19

I finally got around to doing a bit of a tail light upgrade on the truck. They've been on my list for quite a while and I've been going back and forth between OEM Sport LED's or a set of colormatched Recons. Unfortunately right now the Canadian dollar is so low that it doesn't make sense to have a set of Recons built so that was put on the backburner. But a set of OEM LED's popped up on my local Craigslist for a great deal the other day so I jumped on them. Ended up getting them (2016 OEM Sport LED's) with adapter harnesses for $350 CAD (~$260 USD). Definitely can't complain about that.

Very happy with how the look on the truck. They're so much better than the stock halogen style that I had both with the lights on and off. The only small issue I had is that the LED reverse lights from my old tail lights don't fit in the new ones. But that's no big deal; I'll just have to order a new set.

Before/after:
43579155-2A17-48CA-8700-678D8A5B8392_zpsf85tbfdu.jpg

D87BF7E0-782D-4396-9065-F2C04051B456_zps5sc966gm.jpg
A1AE9D83-BB5C-4F0D-AA90-78B2F0372C98_zps21lpvi07.jpg

It definitely looks like a 2013 from the outside now to the guys who don't know the other small differences ;)

OP
OP
brandonjansen

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where'd the wheels and tires go?

I take them off for the winter. They put so much sand, salt, and calcium on the roads up here during the winter and I don't want to wreck a very expensive set of wheels. Plus the narrower stance of this setup helps reduce the amount of crap thrown up at the paint as well.

Over the next few months I plan to polish the Forces inside and out up to a mirror finish and put a ceramic coating on them and then they'll go back on the truck sometime in March depending on the weather.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great Brandon!!! Waiting to see the results of the turbo :naughty::naughty:
Jay

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I take them off for the winter. They put so much sand, salt, and calcium on the roads up here during the winter and I don't want to wreck a very expensive set of wheels. Plus the narrower stance of this setup helps reduce the amount of crap thrown up at the paint as well.

Over the next few months I plan to polish the Forces inside and out up to a mirror finish and put a ceramic coating on them and then they'll go back on the truck sometime in March depending on the weather.

While you're at it polishing I'll send you my drive shaft to polish out, lol. You're honestly the first person I've ever seen do that.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ Long cold winter nights in Canada :naughty:
Jay

OP
OP
brandonjansen

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
While you're at it polishing I'll send you my drive shaft to polish out, lol. You're honestly the first person I've ever seen do that.

Wouldn't be hard to do if I had the stuff all out already ;)

I've seen a few guys on instagram do it before. I forget where I originally got the idea from. But when it's aluminum and visible with how high my truck is, why not make it shiny? :waytogo:

^^^^^ Long cold winter nights in Canada :naughty:
Jay

Well that definitely is true I actually polished it in the middle of July. Apparently I was eager for shine. lol.
During the winter we often end up working on the racecars or other summer toys that can't go out in the winter. Need something to keep us busy ;)