Breakpad change and tripmeter/odometer flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Gurus,

I recently changed brakepads on my 2014 Dodge ram because i was getting a squeeling noise at speed less than 15kms. Dodge advised me to change before 2 months , but my buddy helped me and we changed it last saturday to save some money. After that , i drove home and noticed the squeeling/squeeky noise is still there...so now my question is

1. How to get rid of that squeely/squeeky noise when am driving at 10km speed in a walmart parking lot and hit the break?
2. Yesterday evening i noticed the Tripmeter and Odometer started flashing like chrismtas lights. Is it because of the new break pads? what is causing this?

Any advice of how to fix thses issues.

OS

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
New pads need to be bedded to the rotors. Also, I trust you used some copper grease on the pad backing plates.

Here's a link to bedding brake pads:

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/how-to-bed-in-brake-pads

I have no idea why the meters are flashing but I don't think it is tied to the brake pads. It must be something else. Is your check engine light lit up?

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
No Engine lights are not up. It flashed for few mts and then i switched off the truck and restarted and did not see again.

OS