Brilliant Black Laramie 1500 in Alaska

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone. Nothing but hard work and time. And also the convenience of my dad owning a restoration shop. Ill get an exhaust video when i get back to the states. Current setup is ARH longtubes 1 3/4 catless y pipe 2 vibrant ultra quiet 18" resonators carven r bolt in muffler and stock tail pipe resonators. Nice medium rumbles at idle but nice and loud when there is some rpm behind it. No drone at cruising and no raspiness. i had an issue with the truck being extremely loud at any throttle with just the muffler and header so i added one resonator and it was still ear piercing. Now its the perfect level of loud when I want it to be

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered some new emblems for the truck. I went ahead and ordered new calipers and brackets all around and they come powder coated red so i figured i would stick with a black and red theme. I took off the old laramie and 4x4 to repaint the tailgate and never out them back on. Haven't decided if i am going to use the 4x4 or not but the ram emblems are going on as well as the Laramie emblem.

I am unsure what to do with the HEMI emblem. I was thinking of painting the chrome red and then laying a black overlay on top of the hemi so it matches the ram emblem. What are your guy's opinions ?

laramie.jpg

ram.jpg

IMG_0516.JPG

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my hands on a set of OE replica hellcat wheels 22x10 +25mm in satin black. I know a lot of people say OE reps are garbage but i guess i got lucky there is not a single blemish in the finish of the wheels. I was unaware of what brand they were and should of asked the seller but oh well im happy with them. That means my OEM srt10's will be up for grabs if anyone is interested. For the wheels I could not find much info on the proper lugs that I needed but ended up going with some gorilla 71643nbc lugs. Along with the wheels i got some SRT center caps to give them a little more flare to them.

image1.png

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a brake shutter in the rear that was gradually getting worse. It used to come and go but eventually became constant so I ordered new calipers from rock auto and went with power stop brand. I didn't opt for their ceramic/carbon pads and went with semi-metallic from bindex. Since I was doing new calipers i figured I would go ahead and replace all the soft hoses on the system. I went with russels brand from braided lines and some delco hoses for the rear assuming they were bolt in. I already have drilled and slotted rotors so after inspecting and machining they were good to go. only problem was the rear right hose. the factory line was a 1 piece hard line and hose combo. The delco hose i had ordered came with a new fitting to attach the hard line to the new hose. So if you plan on doing hoses i would recommend just buying the entire assembly to save time and hassle of cutting and flaring the line. Luckily the job was done at my dads shop because in order to bleed the system correctly the abs module needed to be powered in order to get all the air out of the system. next change will be the hellcat replicas and new badging. Stay tuned!!!

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My father mounted my new hellcat replicas yesterday. Love how they look. Also got SRT center caps to replace the blank ones. Also found out 2 of my tires were coming apart on the seem inside the tire. Huge bummer since they had so much tread life left but i found out the new terra grappler G2s were redesigned and have a seemless interior of the tire so i imagine they had the common problem of coming apart. Luckily its memorial weekend. Got a killer deal on some Falken ziex S/TZ-05 for just under $600 pretty good deal for 305/45/22. Now I need to swap out my badges for the black and red ones.

t1.jpeg

t2.jpeg

t3.jpeg

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my new Falken Ziex STZ05s mounted yesterday. Got a killer deal just over $500 for the set brand new. Definitely miss my G2s but I dont miss the $1200 price tag for them.

image1 (1).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg